It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:40 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

Some of you may have noticed some downtime over the past couple of days. As I found out, this was due to some recent server maintenance. For those not in the know, bear with me. PHP was upgraded to PHP5....and I found out over the past couple of days that some of the code on this forum is not compatible, causing every page to be a blank page.
The kind tech support people for our hosting told me about a little trick--I can add a line of code to the .htaccess file to tell the site to use PHP4. Here were are now.

I plan to go through the code and make it compatible with PHP5. My next step is to make an iPhone compatible template as I find it quite unbearable to browse my own site on my iPhone... :lol: :doh:

I haven't done any coding in quite a while....but it's good to be back into it. I actually used my iPhone to get this site back up and running. I received the email from tech support with the line of code I needed to add to the .htaccess file on my iPhone. I copied that line of code. Logged into FTP via http://www.net2ftp.com -- which has a fully compatible iPhone interface. Edited the .htacess file through net2ftp by pasting the line of code in place. Boom...done in about 5 minutes while I was taking a bathroom break at work. :lol:

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:56 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

Your installation is up to date, no updates are available for your version of phpBB.

Took a while...but I went from phpBB 2.0.17 to 2.0.23...the last version of phpBB2.

Let me know if you find any errors.

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]