It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:13 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Well... What I have now is a 1993 Ford Probe. It is noisy but it works for something fairly cheap through my high school years... well it looks like I'm getting myself an Intrigue soon (via Mother) and I really love it so much I decided to find a car forum on the 'net to see what else was going around with it.

I love de-badged cars. My father and I were talked about it, and although he didn't agree with me saying that the Intrigue would look "Sexy," he did say that 'unmarked' cars looked really cool... and I was considering doing this when I got the car... Are the logos (Hood emblem and letters on the trunk) inset with some glue/gook or will holes have to be plugged as well? [I say this because I know some emblems have little mounting brackets which put a hole in the insertion point]

I have to get it tinted. I can't stand sitting low in a car because the headlights at night bug the hell out of me. Also, the car is white and I'm considering getting those sun stripes across the windshield as well. Do you think it should be white or black?

As far as legality goes, I was going to ask my Eye Doctor what sort of way I could go about getting about a 20% or 22% all around even though I'll be going to Texas for college (Because I know they don't approve of : through a contact: of tinting past 35% on the rear while Missouri doesn't care what's on the rear) so I wasn't sure the transit from Texas to Missouri would cause any problems.

Anyways, let me know what you think... and if you have any pictures of de-badged intrugues or that color question for the windshield tint, please post them!
Thanks 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:27 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

I'm pretty sure all of them are just stick on, I know the rear intrigue letters are stick on....but they also are indented/recessed into the trunk lid, unlike in 98, where they stuck out and had problems of falling off (weak glue I guess). So, I would leave the rear trunk lid intrigue emblem on, unless you're going to do some body work too!

The rear oldsmobile emblem on the trunk lid, wasn't even there in 98, they decided to put it on in 99, to make sure people knew that it was an oldsmobile :rock:

The front hood emblem.....I suppose you could take it off pretty easily, not sure if it's stick on or not, never really looked at it.

I leave all the badges on my car though....I think they look nice :huh:
Especially when they are gold :photo:

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:04 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Brando wrote:

I leave all the badges on my car though....I think they look nice :huh:
Especially when they are gold :photo:

Haha, Bling-Bling Baby!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:47 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Don't do the windshield banner/sunscreen thing. It just screams ricer.

I'd leave the badges on, considering there are so few to begin with.

I also wouldn't be worried about a 20% tint on all of the windows. I have 35% on my '87 Olds all around with a dark blue interior and have never been pulled over for it.
My brother has the same on his '81 Cutlass and my mom has the same tint on her '88 CSCB without trouble.
My brother also has 20% on all of the windows of his '02 Mustang GT and have never had any problems.

I just ripped the tint off my Cutlass so that when the body work is done I can get it tinted darker. I plan to do 20% on the side glass, 5% on the opera windows and 20% on the rear window.

Just don't give the cops a reason to pull you over in the first place and they probably won't care. ;)

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:38 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Texas law on tint is as follows:

35% on front door windows max
20% on other side windows max
5% on rear window max

any covering or tint on the windshield may not extend below the (ASI?) logo, typically 4-6" below the top of the windshield on driver's side.

Cyclone Couriers #780
North Richland Hills, TX

1996 Oldsmobile Ciera SL sedan, blue/blue, 173K, 3.1/auto
1991 Ford Aerostar XL extended van, blue/blue, 164K, 3.0/auto
1975 Ford Gran Torino sedan, copper/tan, 143K, 351W/auto

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]