It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:55 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

I just bought one of the biggest POS '93 Verts on the planet (but I'm a sucker for a Cutlass, and it's gonna be a project car!), so now I need to fix'er up. The top needs to be fixed because it leaks in both the front and the back. I haven't quite figured out what the front is all about (I don't physically possess the car at this moment, will be bringing her home Tuesday), but the top has fallen away from the back window at the bottom. I've been told by a Vert Top guy in town $500 to fix it (says he will have to replace the glass) or I can buy a whole new top (vinyl/glass/defrost) for $500+$50 s+h from Florida (Live in Nebraska). Which route is going to be the better one to go? How hard is it to install a new top (motor, etc., works fine). Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:32 am 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

Nice car!!! Convertibles are sweet, just not in the winter ;-) Welcome to the site. I woule go with a new top for sure!!! The only thing that would make it more expensive is if you had to have it professionally installed. That way you have completely new vinly, not sun faded or ready to crack in the future.

Nice car, hope you get it going soon!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/88delta88
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:37 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Welcome to the site, changing everything would be your best bet in terms of how long the repairs will last, but it can get costly. I would 1st decide how long I want to keep the car for and then decide how much should I put into it. What ever you do those are awsome cars (and among the last Olds convetrables).

1985 Olds Cutlass Ciera Brougham Holiday Coupe

1988 Olds Cutlass Ciera International Series Sedan

OCA #037778
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:34 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

85cieraholiday wrote:
Welcome to the site, changing everything would be your best bet in terms of how long the repairs will last, but it can get costly. I would 1st decide how long I want to keep the car for and then decide how much should I put into it. What ever you do those are awsome cars (and among the last Olds convetrables).

Well, she's a forever car for me. Been looking for one for years and finally came across this one from a friend at work. He tried talking me out of buying it, but only cost $800, so not a bad deal at all. I'm figuring I will end up replacing the entire top, the bottom part of the vinyl to the back window won't come even close (about 1/2 inch clearance), so a new top is in the works. Probably the number 5 thing on my list right now. I'm prepared to put over $4,000 into it to get it back to tops. She's my dream car! Can you believe I got rid of a 2005 Mustang for this? Just sold her yesterday. *sigh* Loved that car, too. Just not the payments.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]