It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:36 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

I know, but how much would it cost to get my Suspension lowered hardcore on my 1987 Oldsmobile Delta 88 RB?

I was told about 1000$ by a friend, but I dunno.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:10 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

Well, a member by the name of 88delta88 on this site, cut his coil springs on his own....now this would be ultra cheap, but it also weakens the spring a lot (boingy boingy....) and would not recommend it. :lol:

Domestic Performance sells lowering springs for your car, http://www.domesticperformance.com/prod ... ucts_id=29
That would be your best bet, IMO.

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:12 am 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

well... straight from the horses mouth - I dont think you want to lower your car hardcore... It wont drive right, and you'll do some damage with parking lots etc.

My cutting the springs IMO worked out great, but with much grief and a lot of experimentation. I removed 1 1/2 coils, to get the height I was looking for, and replaced the struts with monroe sensatracs. The ride quality is pretty decent, compared to stock, a bit stiffer, and I noticed some bounce with my OEM struts.

The Monroe's fixed this... But it was a big project, making sure there would be no safety concerns, and ride height was level, and not TOO LOW.

The first thing I did when I decided to lower the car was phone the auto wreckers to check what a price on a replacement set of springs was, incase I F@$#ed up my project springs. Make sure everything you do is reverseable.

I'd stick with stock ride height unless you're desperate... I had those struts in and out of my car 3 full times that weekend, screwing around with everything. Almost broke my thumb because I got lazy with the spring compressor, and it all popped off once... Yeah. Just my input...

http://www.cardomain.com/id/88delta88
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:07 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Well thank you so much for your input, I just thought it would be nice to have a lowrider without the hydraulics, and in budget. Now that I know what I can do, I may just fix the parts outside of the car and then install them :P

Otherwise, I'll stick with the Stock Ride height. Thanks so much :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]