It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Blue lights
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:21 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

ya know those blue lights cars have and them ultra white lights i want some for my car so ppl can see me comming :twisted: but the lights i have you buy the whole fricken light not put light bulbs in where can i just get the housing to put blubs in im not sure what type they are but i know there the square ones.

Check out My Ride @ http://members.sounddomain.com/je88royal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:11 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

Ahh..you're talking about Sealed Beam Headlights....
Check this out:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... reId=10101

Converts Sealed to Composite Headlights so you can change the bulb without changing the whole thing...then you can buy those blue xenon headlight bulbs if ya want...but since the housings are already clear...I would think it would be pretty bright then.... :ermm:

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:05 pm 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

Also, you can buy a new series from sylvania (i think), and they're called TRUVISION or TRUVIEW or something. They come in 4 light sealed beam, 2 light sealed beam (you need the smaller 4 light system for your 85 delta) and all the standard bulb sizes. They arent that expensive either, but they arent as dramatically blue as some HID systems either. They have really flashy packaging, and the bulb itself looks to have a purple tinge to it. You'll know it when you see them.

They definately look better than the yellow glow that standard halogen beams output. I run "blueberry blue" 9004's in my car, and I just love the color they put out. I also hate them with a passion on the highway, so luckily my car has separate 9004's for high beam, and I just put standard halogens in there.

The REAL way to do it is like brando said - Adapter reflectors, that allow you to use 9004 bulbs in it. Then you can get all those nice exotic bulbs that people put in thier cars these days. This way is a little more expensice though, as I think the TRUVIEW sealed beams go for about 20 bux a bulb.

Maybe this will provide you some useful info...

http://www.cardomain.com/id/88delta88
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:21 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

I do believe you are talking about the Sylvania SilverStars. That is what i got on my 83 Delta 88. I got em for like 25$ a piece. I wouldn't say they are as 'blue' as the hid's on the bmw's and mercedes. but they are diffenently whiter then regular ones, nice and bright to. i like them cuz they help me seeing in the rain *i personally have a hard time seeing at night when raining, cant see lines :-\

1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass Salon w/t-tops - New car under construction
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:31 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

I'm running Wagner BriteLites in my car. they aren't blue, but they are much whiter and brighter and put more light on the road. very noticable going from a car with regular halogen sealed beams to BriteLites. it put more light out to the sides too. pretty sure they are Xenon, not halogen.

"When they kick at your front door, how you gonna come, with your hands on your head, or on the trigger of your gun?" The Clash
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:42 am 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

Silver star!!!! thats it!! It comes in a flashy package, with a star on it. not tru view, I must be thinking of something else. The caption on the package says "the brilliance of HID" or something.

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:34 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

If you want the REAL HID headlights you'll have to spend upwards of $1500-$2000 for the complete change over. A HID system is more than just the color and a bulb.
I've heard the Silverstars are about the best "fake" HID/Xenon type bulbs on the market for the money. I think PIAA makes replacements too but they are $75 for a pair of bulbs.
Don't buy the cheap bulbs otherwise you'll end up with a headlight that starts fading after they've been in a while.
Personally I think most of the fake colored bulbs just look "ricey".

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:36 am 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

Agreed. I had a set of headlights that I paid 8 bux a bulb for (i've played with a lot of bulbs...) Those bulbs put out this purplish green tinge, and it looked cool for about a week. Then, the coating must have burned off them orsomething, becuase slowly they started to look like a standard headlight again. One burned out a month later, so I tossed em both.

Make sure if you try those colorful bulbs that you have separate high beams for highway driving, because those colored bulbs DONT perform on the highway worth shit (my experience).

Profile Personal album  

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]