It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:37 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

I have decided to wax my Olds Cutlass this week. I went and bought a bottle of Liquid Turtle Wax. I thought it looked good and cannot wait to see what my Cutlass looks like with a good wax job! My query is this : What do you think about Turtle Wax? What is the best way to do this ? Thoughts?

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:35 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

I have tried turtle wax super hard shell, and thought it was great. there are definetly better waxes out there, but for the price it's pretty tough to beat. Easy to use too, comes off nice.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:41 am 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

What he said. I usually use Meguair's cleaner wax, and it shines nice, but so does Turtle. It offers protection, shine, and a great price.

There are some people who take waxing and polishing very seriously, and they spend a lot of money on their detailing products, but I find for a daily driver, the cheap stuff makes it look just about as good as it can look.

Andrew

Mark Twain wrote:
A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:10 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

My personal opinion is I do not like Turtle Wax at all. However that's my view on it.

Personally I use Liquid Glass on my vehicle. It's about $20 for a liquid can. Water beads for about 2-3 months. Each time I do a wax job, I claybar, use a cleaner wax, glaze, polish, and then wax. Turns out beautifully, and yes this is on a daily driver. Here in the South the sun is terrible on vehicles.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:36 pm 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

I have a black car... Nuff said. Meguiars Gold class is great on every vehicle I've owned. Harder to remove than some waxes, but it looks superb. Turtle wax hard shell wax is the longest lasting though. It all depends on how much work you like to do on your paint!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/88delta88
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:35 pm 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

I use gold class on the bike, and it does provide a better shine than the cleaner wax, at least it looks that way to me. I waxed my black Lumina a couple times with Gold Class, and it seemed to be more work for the same result. Then again, my Lumina doesn't have the best paint anyway.

Mark Twain wrote:
A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:01 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

I used gold class in the past....pain in the ass to work with....I usually use mother's now. Although as of late...I haven't really done a good detail job on my car...need to do some touch-up work....and repaint the rear bumper.

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:27 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

The one I like to use is eagle 1 wax as you dry. It is not very durable, but it is really easy to apply and remove, and gives a good shine. Just a quick warning though: Dont apply it after you dried your car, apply it while you dry it. This is the voice of experience speaking.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:02 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

I just got done waxing my Intrigue last week with Turtle Wax. I love the stuff. Works great and the wax last for about 3 months.
:)

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]