It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:53 am 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

I am looking to find information about all the available seat and upholstery options on the delta 88 and 98 models.

What my ultimate goal is, is to replace what I have. I want something fancier than my current plain bench seats that I've got in the gold color. Now I suppose it doesnt have to be the same color, but its gotta look good with my current carpet and dash. I dont even know if there was leather available in that color or not...

I absolutely love the seats out of 98 touring sedans - leather bucket seats high headrests...

Anyways, anyone know anything about this? After I decide what I like, I can start a junk yard search. Here is a picture of what I've currently got. They're in great shape, but I hate them.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/88delta88
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:28 pm 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

I love the seats from the 98 touring sedan too, I don't know if they would bolt right in though, Plus I believe the power seat adjustments were on the console (at least in the one my father used to have) so you'd have to be sure to get the console too. but that might get in the way of your computer.

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:18 pm 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

Not a problem!!! I'd gladly redesign the computer console if I could have those seats!!! Either that, or I'd take the console buttons out of the stock console and build a custom one... Im just looking for ideas right now.

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:08 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

try some leather buckets out of a early 90's bonneville that'd be alot easier to find than touring sedan seats. they made alot of them with tan interiors. you already have a split bench so it'd be a bolt in. i had a full bench in my car, thats why i had to drill and tap and heli coil holes in the floor for the split bench seats.

"When they kick at your front door, how you gonna come, with your hands on your head, or on the trigger of your gun?" The Clash
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:13 am 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

I missed out on the opportunity of a lifetime on the weekend.

I was at this auto parts swap meet on saturday, and amongst the miscelaneous crap there was a pair of beautiful leather buckets in the TAN color, 25-way power adjustable ( !! ) and they were only 300 canadian. I thought it was a great deal, and thought about it the rest of the time i was at the swap meet.

I decided I needed them, went home to grab some $$, and by the time I came back, the guy packed up his display and went home. No one else in the area knew who he was.

Damn those would have looked sweet as hell in my car. They were out of a 95 bonneville ssei, and they were soooooooooooo nice. Kicking my self in the ass continuously since then. I brought my tape measure and everything to check bolt patterns... Oh well, I guess I'll find some more somewhere.

Profile Personal album  

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]