It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:24 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

just joined you other Olds fans today. Got a 1969,2-dr. post coupe 4-spd.red on red[buckets/air] numbers matching. The butyl spread around the glass...pulled the window...plastic interior trim has faded and "bowed" a bit. Can you heat and reshape?Dye? and how. They don't make that replacement piece, so any info, esp. if someone's done it would be great.Thanks, Derek

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:54 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

derek wrote:
........ They don't make that replacement piece ........

Try sales07@supercarspecialty.com or call Ron at 714-666-2208.

Norm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:25 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

thanx Norm...I guess I based that comment on what a Canadian supplier[Earlybirds] told me.Since our dollar's slide against US currency last fall,I've been trying to keep things north of the border to save on duty and shipping. the realolds site has lottsa info on dye and paint solutions to the fading issue , so I'll try that first....later,Derek

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:28 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

derek wrote:
........ the realolds site ........

I am familiar with Real Olds Power.com. A useful site if one is interested in performance enhancements, but not one I would suggest to a 442 enthusiast.

What "realolds" site are you referring to? A link would be helpful.

Norm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:38 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

That is the site I alluded to[but was too lazy to type in] You have to remember that at my novice Olds status, ANY sites that offer experience based opinions are valuable.If nothing else,I'm able to forward 3 or 4 options that I've seen on line, to my resto crew here who may not have done as much work on Olds/442's. ...eg. the data on SEM products,prep and results when I have to paint my "blotchy" headrests and faded rear window interior trim. Thanks, Derek :idea:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:15 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

derek wrote:
........ but was too lazy to type in ........

Not simply a breach of "etiquette". How much time do you think I (and probably others) should spend searching for a non-existent site, because of your immaturity?

Norm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:00 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Spent a good deal of time on this site yesterday and two things stood out.One was the sheer amount of great info, and the other was ....just how rude,arrogant,opinionated,condescending and self-important a certain member can be. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is a pretty difficult to treat mental disease.When combined with megalomania it's probably incurable! That member may not realize that responses like his above[or that lengthy "back-and-forth" one about the GS/El Camino doing 11's] do nothing to foster comradrie and knowledge among Olds fans.They do however,make newcomers like me want to avoid this site.Great sources of info,like Joe Padavano or Brian Ehlers at 442.com don't apparently see the need to be so downright nasty...I've got my medical license in Canada,Britain,South Africa and the U.S.,but don't treat patient's questions like they originated from congenital idiots just because I know the answers! p.s. wasn't offering up website info in my post...if you were dumb enough to go looking for it,NOT my problem.Dr.D. :!: :!:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:12 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

derek wrote:
........ Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is a pretty difficult to treat mental disease ........

And I imagine it would be pretty difficult to diagnose over the internet.

I, on the other hand, have been known to quickly recognize the tactics of an internet troll.

derek wrote:
........one about the GS/El Camino doing 11's ........

A link, to the offending thread, would allow everyone to know what you are talking about.

Or are you too "lazy" to follow basic internet protocol?

derek wrote:
........ Great sources of info,like Joe Padavano or Brian Ehlers ........

Interesting that you bring up those two names. Both are involved with the Oldsmobile Wiki that I mentioned previously.

I have not talked to Mr Ehlers, but Joe Padavano does not have a problem with the way I communicate, on line or in person.

derek wrote:
........ don't apparently see the need to be so downright nasty ........

At he risk of repeating myself:.

88 Coupe wrote:
derek wrote:
........ maybe you can help me from making too much of an ass of myself ........

Just make sure you read what the author wrote (not what you think he/she may have meant) before you respond ........

You need to read what is there. Not what you think is there.

derek wrote:
........ I've got my medical license in Canada,Britain,South Africa and the U.S. ........

Congratulations.

derek wrote:
........ but don't treat patient's questions like they originated from congenital idiots just because I know the answers ........

Would a "congenital idiot" be asking questions?

derek wrote:
........ p.s. wasn't offering up website info in my post ........

Either a harmless mistake by a newcomer or an attempt, by a troll, to start an argument. A newcomer would have learned from the advice, and moved on.

derek wrote:
........ if you were dumb enough to go looking for it,NOT my problem.

I am impressed, not only by your communication skills but, by your mature attitude.

Kind of reminiscent of 91buickman on one of his off days.

Norm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:23 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Norm, ya got a problem...and no,it's not hard to diagnose it over the internet. I really just hope to get some feedback [other than yours]as these sites exist for that purpose.not linguistic wranglings and your one-upmanship.Just got my 442 in December, didin't check these websites until after that,and didn't know what a "troll" was until reading this site's guidelines.Your identifying me as such says little about you being astute and incisive, and a lot about you being judgemental and insecure. I'll continue to solicit helpful info from the thousands of other members, and welcome you to contact me OFF this site if you either want to continue verbal sparring, [or get some professional help] D.
nesdoly@rogers.com

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:55 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

derek wrote:
........ Your identifying me as such ........

I have not "identified" you "as" anything.

In case you missed it, here it is again:

88 Coupe wrote:
derek wrote:
........ maybe you can help me from making too much of an ass of myself ........
Just make sure you read what the author wrote (not what you think he/she may have meant) before you respond ........

It is what it is: A simple piece of advice, from a veteran to a beginner.

derek wrote:
Norm, ya got a problem ........

And you seem to be more interested in launching personal attacks, than in the "information" you say you are seeking.

If you do want information, all you have to do is ask questions.

Norm

Profile Personal album  

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]