It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: FOG MACHINE!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:03 am 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd let you know about a project I'm working on... I know, its not a USEFUL project, but it has been fun, and it is quite a bit of fun to use.

I have one of those radio shack fog machines, and was thinking one day, how cool it would be (again, I dont expect you to understand WHY I wanted this) to be able to fog out an entire intersection. The fog machine itself would put out tremendous amounts of thick, lingering white smoke, that even outdoors would not dissapate very quickly.

I though about it for a while, and determined that running an inverter to power a 700watt AC fog machine wasnt really efficient. I began thinking of sources of extreme heat on the car, and guess what I came up with? :-) Exhaust.

So I designed a unit that would pump a fine stream of this "fog juice" onto the exhaust crossover on my engine. Only a very small amount of this juice at the right rate of flow will create amazing amounts of this thick white fog. I used a windsheild washer pump from the junkyard, a small plastic coke bottle and high temp 1/8" air line to deliver the juice onto the exhaust. On the end of the air line, I took a lighter and shaped the end into a small nozzle that would spray a fine, yet constant spray onto the exhaust. After a bit of playing around, and redesigning, I had a very decent working fog machine.

I should say that this "fog juice" is, from what I have read, just a mixture of water and a soap, non toxic, and also doesnt leave a residue. This is great, cause I can burn it all day long on my exhaust, and it doesnt smell, doesnt stain, and I cant think of any adverse effects of my device.

Funny as hell to sit at a red light and just start fogging, because people everywhere look at you, as the cloud rises... Soon you cant see them, they cant see you till you pull away from the intersection. I am being quite selective as to when and where I use this, because I realise the dangers of fogging out a motor vehicle intersection. It works WONDERS on tailgaters :-)

Again, I didnt expect anyone to understand why I did this... I have too much time or something :-)

Just having some creative fun!
Aaron

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: fog machine
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:05 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

ok, hi, Im new to this forum but I just bought a 1988 Olds delta 88 hurse, at an auction, and I was thinking about ways that would be really cool to do fun things to this car........you sir are a genious, that is just the thing, and if you dont mind id like some instructions on how to do that very thing for the "hurse"

my name is netta

hope to hear from you soon!

Post subject: newbie here...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:08 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

again Id like to say how wicked cool that idea is! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:34 am 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

Well... I can provide you with some instructions... Mine didnt last very long though. The washer pump doesnt like pumping this fog juice... I would seriously recommend going and spending 80 bucks on a REAL fog machine... Do the interior up... I think it'd be way funnier to have the inside of the car fogged out, then open the windows up while driving (cheech and chong style) :-)

If you are really interested in trying to make an exhaust fog machine, let me know!

Fog the inside of the hurse, get a couple 4 foot black lights running on the roof, and just do some accents everywhere with white yarn, or black light paint! I did that in my '79 caddilac, and the looks you get are unreal... Black lights ARE cool in the right car, neons and stuff have been ruined by those rice rockets. Everyone has them, but not everyone has a dance club on wheels!!! :-) get a disco ball in there too!!! hahaha...

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:24 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

I have a funner way to smoke out a intersection. Heres how to do it, 1) hold down brake, 2) press gas peddle to floor, 3) do this untill you reach your desired fog level. Its a easy 3 step system, oh and this will vary for each car.

1972 Olds Cutlass- Parts car
www.cardomain.com/id/psycodiver69
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:55 am 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

Hahaha... That is THE way to do it!!! Unfortunately, my car cant do it!!! Damn front-wheel drive! Damn highway gears!!! :-)

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:09 pm 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

Psyco Diver 69 wrote:
I have a funner way to smoke out a intersection. Heres how to do it, 1) hold down brake, 2) press gas peddle to floor, 3) do this untill you reach your desired fog level. Its a easy 3 step system, oh and this will vary for each car.

haha, I've smoked a few intersections with my old towncar.... I blew a brake line in the back, but because she was a beater I never bothered to fix it... as a result it would do some good smoke shows though! :lol:

Profile Personal album  

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]