It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: GREETINGS!!!
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:42 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Hello to all of you. I found another forum to join. My love for Oldsmobile started back in'85 when my parents purchased a '67 Cutlass Supreme.And in '87 when the heater core went out,Dad got a new car (not worth naming), but I got my first Olds!!!! I was hooked.Unfortunatly it met the side of another car in a funeral procession and the insurance company totalled it. Not really my fault,the light was green. So I went shopping and got a gold '72 Cutlass Supreme.Again the front found the side of yet another car as some girl ran astop sign at a two-way stop.And again the insurance company totaled it.So it was time to shop again and this time I found a '80 Cutlass Supreme w/ T-Tops.beautiful yellow w/ black interior,and I had that for seven years ending a bad streak til one winter in storage someone tried to break into it in a carport between two apartment buildings. Unsuccessful they lit it on fire and put sixteen people
out of a home. The car and three others were destroyed.At the same time I had that car, in '92 I had purchased a '71 Cutlass for my winter car,and by april of that year had purchased a '68 F-Eighty-Five,which I proudly still have both. I tried to replace the '80 with a plain jane '79, after awhile
I sold it, it wasn't the same. Meanwhile my wife had to purchase a matching green '71 Cutlass S to go with mine. It was cool cruzin' both of them together!So then in 2001 a guy I used to work with "finally" decided
to part with his '84 H/O that had been sitting nearly three years,and I had to have it!At the time the wife was non to happy,but has learned to enjoy it now.It needed some attention and it was not really running at the time so I understand why she would be upset. And just last fall of 2004 we bought our '93 Cutlass for a driver.My wife and I just celebrated our 1st year anniversary april 29th (Dale Earnhardt's birthday). We were married in Dale's hometown of Kannapolis in front of a statue of him in the town square, on Dale Earnhardt Day! We were celebritys for a day down there,
it was cool! Earnhardt shirts and jeans and hats, nothing formal. i love my NASCAR!! I collect anything with Dale or Jr. I collect anything with Oldsmobile too. My screen name is after a cartoon character I created and had copyrighted,maybe you'll see him around.If your still reading this.....wow. I will stop. I am glad to meet new people who enjoy Olds as much as I do and look forward to sharing good laughes and info. Oldsmobile folks are special!!!!

1984 HURST/OLDS (THUNDERWING)#3,333 of 3,500
1993 Cutlass Supreme SL (?)
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:54 am 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

Hello and welcome to the site!
Glad to have you on board....definately have a lot of Oldsmobiles there. :thumbup:
Very interesting story too....what kind of neighborhood do you live in? :lol:

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:40 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

welcome to TOC man! lookin forward to reading your posts.
-Joe

Pioneer 3 way 355 watt 6x9's
Pioneer Tweeters
Cobra C/B radio 44 watt
P/A speaker for good times :)
5 foot whip antenna
* Yeah ima red neck, ya dont like it to dam bad!*
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 6:27 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Welcome to the site, wish I had that many Oldsmobiles!

1985 Olds Cutlass Ciera Brougham Holiday Coupe

1988 Olds Cutlass Ciera International Series Sedan

OCA #037778
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:03 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

85cieraholiday wrote:
Welcome to the site, wish I had that many Oldsmobiles!

Same Here :lol:
Welcome to the site!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:03 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Thanks all, It's a good neighborhood,most of the neighbors that surround us are older. When we were shopping for a house, I was more interested in the garage. When we talked to the realtor I said It's nice but were am I going to keep all these cars, and he said didn't you notice the garage acrooss the street on the seperate lot?, it come with the house. Needless to say I was hooked,2 two-car garages keeps me happy,and busy, and the neighbors and kids at bay.As for all those cars,I really don't have a great deal of cash in them,just got lucky a few times and got some great deals. The '71 was $475,and the H/O was $1,500. i can't imagine finding a running A-body for that cheap these days, but ya never know. :-k

1984 HURST/OLDS (THUNDERWING)#3,333 of 3,500
1993 Cutlass Supreme SL (?)
 Profile Personal album  

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]