It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:50 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

:P

Got one with just under 96k miles. Have to replace a few interior trim parts - r ft pass window switch cover (the chrome piece), same side red warning lamp lens in door; and am trying to figure out how to make the A/C blow thru the main panel vents - only operates on defrost vents. Also, cracking in plastic fabric on driver's door armrest - is this panel easily replacable now or should I get an upholstery guy to just patch it?

Also would appreciate advice about suspension -car seems to need new shocks/struts but maybe the auto load leveling isn't working right.

Is it much trouble replacing the fuel tank guage sending unit or float? Guage needle swings all over the place. And apparently at a low indicated fuel state, the "check engine" warning lamp shows. (Or is this some other sign of a bad deal on a used car?.)

Finally, possible bearing or CV joint noise, hard to tell, car is so quiet. Some minor vibration apparently from l front wheel.

Yes, will have car thoroughly checked, just looking for comments from others who know more.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:14 pm 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

DerLange wrote:
car seems to need new shocks/struts but maybe the auto load leveling isn't working right.

Welcome to TOC !
We used to have a 1993 Ninety Eight Regency Elite in the family. The auto load leveler pump died, because it was such an expensive part I just disconnected the air line from the pump and connected a fitting to it so the air shocks could be manually inflated. Worked fine for everyday driving, and for those rare occasions when we needed to haul much more weight, it wasn't a big deal to just pop the hood and add some air. Just an option if the pump itself is in fact your problem.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:47 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

My problem with my 98's rear air shocks wasn't with the pump, my rear struts were leaking air so badly that the pump would run and run until it overheated and stopped. Once I replaced them (and the front struts), everything worked beautifully! Granted, my car had 170,000 miles on it when I did this, but it's something to look into. My Olds is up to 194,000 miles now and still riding wonderfully, so treat yours well and it should be around for a while. Good luck,

-Carl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:48 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Ilovemy98 wrote:
My problem with my 98's rear air shocks wasn't with the pump, my rear struts were leaking air so badly that the pump would run and run until it overheated and stopped. Once I replaced them (and the front struts), everything worked beautifully! Granted, my car had 170,000 miles on it when I did this, but it's something to look into. My Olds is up to 194,000 miles now and still riding wonderfully, so treat yours well and it should be around for a while. Good luck,

-Carl

Are you talking about the pump for the "Comfort Ride" feature?

Profile Personal album  

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]