It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:01 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Hello All,
Just bought a 85 delta 88 royale coupe for $250 she has 220,000mi with a rebuilt trans any advise or anything really you guys can offer will be greatly appreciated. I've been wanting one for a long time but coupes seem hard to come by.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:55 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

My family grew up with one, and we sold it to a friend of mine in high shcool. It got totaled (go figure none of it was his fault), but I just bought one of my own, too! I have an '85 Delta 88 Brougham. And I love it.

It doesn't say the general area you live in, but I know there's a spray that you can spray on top of bare rust before priming and it'll stop the rust from rusting any more. I'd sand it by hand first, but the bottoms of the doors rust really badly. The water leaking down from the snow and rain sits there in the door, and has nowhere to go. Either that or make some sort of drainage slits/holes in the bottom of the doors.

Also, if you have to move your car for any reason (i.e.: so a family member can pull in the driveway so they won't have to move your car in the morning), you should let the car run for about 10-15 minutes, or you'll blow through your spark plugs like I do with water.

I also know that power steering fluid leaks are common, though I'm not exactly sure where the leak occurs...

I hope I helped you a little bit!

<3,
Dina (AKA: Ankomst)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:37 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Thank You, the part about the spark plugs is really good to know definatly need to remember that. Yea she has rust on the bottom of the right side door but i expected it, I live in jersey about 20 min from the central jersey shores. Again Thank You every thing I can learn helps

1998 Chevy Camaro (sold to my dad)
1991 Mercedes Benz 190e (still dont know why)
1982 GMC Sierra Classic (just sold need money)

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]