It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: new to forum
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:11 pm 
Hi, I am just looking for advice or help with my 2000 Silhouette. At the moment I am having transmission problems. I took the pan off and a piece fell out so now I a looking for a replacement transmission.

Post subject: Re: new to forum
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:07 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

Welcome to the forum. What piece fell out of the transmission? The pan on the bottom of the trans or the side pan? If it's the pan on the bottom...not much down there other than the filter and accumulator, curious to know what fell out.

What problems were you having with it before you dropped the pan?

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: new to forum
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:24 pm 
when you pull the pan off there is a hole to the rear of transmission around the area of the modulator ( I think that is what it is). There is a plunger there that has a round cover you can remove from the external of the transmission that I think moves this piece that broke. It might be part of a band around the internal parts.

I think that might answer your question about the part that broke. I found a van someone is trying to sell for $500, as long as the transmission has same number "OBRB" as mine. Don't know the difference between the different transmissions that come in these vans, if anyone knows I would be very interested to know.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]