It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:01 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

See my signature.

Copy and paste to your navagation bar.

Signup and be a part of the only Oldsmobile FWD 88/98 website of it's kind.

Also looking for Mods too. Anyone interested?

Visit the site sign in and log on. Become a member!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:09 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

CarguyBob wrote:
........ Copy and paste to your navagation bar ........

Easier to click on it since it is a link. I went there when you first posted.

CarguyBob wrote:
........ Signup and be a part of the only Oldsmobile FWD 88/98 website of it's kind ........

What is the quality of the content? Why should one have to join to find out? Is that where the obnoxious adds are? What is the catch?

As I said at [url=http://www.oldsconnection.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16078&highlight=#16078[URL=http://www.oldsconnection.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16078&highlight=#16078]this link[/url]:
88 Coupe wrote:
CarguyBob wrote:
........ Hope this site is more busy than www.Oldsmobileforums.com or AutomotveForums.com ........

Are you looking for quality or quantity? Not easy to find both in one place. Doesn't look like much of either here. Not too friendly either ........

I thought that covered it, but I guess not.

To find out what I meant, just click on the links. For anyone who still doesn't know, the links are those words that are underlined.

Or you can take the following short cuts:
This one shows a total of three posts in just under a year, and this one shows all three. Does that tell you anything?

7 members and 2 admins, during that time. Note, that 8, including both admins, have no profile and the only one that does, started the only thread and posted 3 of the 4 messages on the entire site. Does that tell you anything?

How many of those seven signed up, only to find the site did not fit their needs, and never returned?

Now, CarguyBob:
Why would anyone want to sign up? I've given you a few of the cons. Tell us about all the pros.

Norm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:57 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

88 Coupe wrote:
CarguyBob wrote:
........ Copy and paste to your navagation bar ........

Easier to click on it since it is a link. I went there when you first posted.

CarguyBob wrote:
........ Signup and be a part of the only Oldsmobile FWD 88/98 website of it's kind ........

What is the quality of the content? Why should one have to join to find out? Is that where the obnoxious adds are? What is the catch?

As I said at [url=http://www.oldsconnection.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16078&highlight=#16078[URL=http://www.oldsconnection.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16078&highlight=#16078]this link[/url]:
88 Coupe wrote:
CarguyBob wrote:
........ Hope this site is more busy than www.Oldsmobileforums.com or AutomotveForums.com ........

Are you looking for quality or quantity? Not easy to find both in one place. Doesn't look like much of either here. Not too friendly either ........

I thought that covered it, but I guess not.

To find out what I meant, just click on the links. For anyone who still doesn't know, the links are those words that are underlined.

Or you can take the following short cuts:
This one shows a total of three posts in just under a year, and this one shows all three. Does that tell you anything?

7 members and 2 admins, during that time. Note, that 8, including both admins, have no profile and the only one that does, started the only thread and posted 3 of the 4 messages on the entire site. Does that tell you anything?

How many of those seven signed up, only to find the site did not fit their needs, and never returned?

Now, CarguyBob:
Why would anyone want to sign up? I've given you a few of the cons. Tell us about all the pros.

Norm

Your points are valid, but I did just start the forum last year and due to the inactivity, I haven't put much into the site effort or success. I thought if I spread the word here and on the other Oldsmobile support sites that I would get people to ask questions and get them to join. It hasn't worked out this way though and I got depressed over it and put the web project on the back burner so I could concentrate with my Oldsmobile 98 project.

During my original search for a dedicated FWD 88/98 website I found that there was no real support or ACTIVE/INTERACTIVE support on these FWD models. I could only get the RWD information and support groups, most of them covered just the 442 and other classics. I learned of Oldsmobileforums.com and Automotiveforums.com, but as you said before, they are not too friendly, or heavily active where you can get help fast in a short amount of time. I have posts there that just sit for months before they even get looked at. I treid GMInsidenews,com too and they do help but frown at you for mentioning a Oldsmobile cause it's discontinued and old news to them. I wanted a forum for my model that would change that and give the FWD 88/98 owners a place to go to get answer's they need to keep their car's running. I wanted to create a site where people actually hang out and ask questions and discuss their car so the general public would think this car would be a kind of car to support. Right now, I am still looking for the right personell to moderate the site and provide information revelant to the topics I have there.

If you sign up it will look redundant in the topic listings cause I want to track how many owners are out there and what they own. Added to the forum is a history of the 3.8 liter engine, and also a catalog (still being built) of all discontinued OEM parts, so you don't waste time going to a dealer to find parts. This feature is something NO ONE has on any site I'm aware of. Also included is an actual listing of former Oldmobile dealerships in all 50 states, so you can try to research and find hard to procure item's. How's that for a start.

Visit the site sign in and log on. Become a member!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:20 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

CarguyBob wrote:
........ Your points are valid ........

Yes, they are. If they weren't, I would not have posted them.

Yours, are not.

CarguyBob wrote:
........ I thought if I spread the word here and on the other Oldsmobile support sites that I would get people to ask questions and get them to join ........

So, you think spamming legitimate sites will help your cause, and that you won't piss off the very people you are trying to recruit.

CarguyBob wrote:
........ It hasn't worked out this way though and I ........ put the web project on the back burner ........

And then continued your spam operation after a very clear warning. Doesn’t look like a back burner to me.

CarguyBob wrote:
........ During my original search for a dedicated FWD 88/98 website I found that there was no real support or ACTIVE/INTERACTIVE support on these FWD models ........

And you didn’t even wonder why.

CarguyBob wrote:
........ I could only get the RWD information and support groups, most of them covered just the 442 and other classics ........

Either you didn't do much of a search, or you you just made another false statement in order to promote your own agenda.

CarguyBob wrote:
........ I learned of Oldsmobileforums.com and Automotiveforums.com ........

And you did not learn of the many busier sites that cover the same subjects you're interested in?

Of course you did, but you only posted the 2 links that would serve your purpose.

CarguyBob wrote:
........ but as you said before, they are not too friendly, or heavily active ........

Not what I said. ↓

88 Coupe wrote:
........ Doesn't look like much of either here. Not too friendly either ........

Do not misquote me. Both are far busier than yours, and both are far friendlier.

CarguyBob wrote:
........ where you can get help fast in a short amount of time ........

If you are in a hurry, take it to a GM dealer. If you insist on using the net, there are plenty of timely answers on TOC, the other BOP/Chev, and the many generic sites.

CarguyBob wrote:
........ I have posts there that just sit for months before they even get looked at ........

And at the time you posted, you did not know that would happen. I cannot believe anyone is so dense, that they would post on such a site.

CarguyBob wrote:
........ I treid GMInsidenews,com too and they do help but frown at you for mentioning a Oldsmobile cause it's discontinued and old news to them ........

Looks like www.gminsidenews.com gave you what you wanted in a little over five hours. What's the problem?

CarguyBob wrote:
........ I wanted a forum for my model that would change that and give the FWD 88/98 owners a place to go to get answer's they need to keep their car's running. I wanted to create a site where people actually hang out and ask questions and discuss their car ........

So you created an unfriendly site, that’s restricted to an orphaned segment of an already small group, on an unfriendly domain.

Further, you assume that the owners of those cars are interested in anything other than basic transportation

CarguyBob wrote:
........ so the general public would think this car would be a kind of car to support ........

And you think you can do what GMs PR department could not. Now, that’s funny.

CarguyBob wrote:
........ Right now, I am still looking for the right personell to moderate the site and provide information revelant to the topics I have there ........

I get it now. It's all about finding someone to "talk" you though your personal project. Your site has to be "Olds only" because of your fear that info about a Chev, Pontiac, or Buick of the same platform, might not apply to your own car.

I might be interested, if the pay is right.

CarguyBob wrote:
........ If you sign up it will look redundant in the topic listings cause I want to track how many owners are out there and what they own ........

The more I read this one, the less sense it makes.

CarguyBob wrote:
........ Added to the forum is a history of the 3.8 liter engine ........

Another you didn't bother to do a search on:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=38 ... gle+Search

CarguyBob wrote:
........ and also a catalog (still being built) of all discontinued OEM parts, so you don't waste time going to a dealer to find parts ........

Right. Who wants to waste their time at a dealer to get a part that shows discontinued, but is still in stock under another part number. Or worse, to learn from a sharp counter man, where that part or an exact reproduction might be found outside GMs computer network.

CarguyBob wrote:
........ Also included is an actual listing of former Oldsmobile dealerships in all 50 states, so you can try to research and find hard to procure item's ........

Doesn’t do much good if the dealer no longer exists.

CarguyBob wrote:
........ How's that for a start.

Why didn’t I see all that, when I went there?

Now, can anyone tell me why I am wasting my time on a common spammer?

Profile Personal album  

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]