It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:04 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

I live in the Chicagoland area where the constant use of salt and the varying forms of precipitation cause terrible rusting. I need to replace the doors and potentially the driver's side rear quarter panel of my Olds. All four doors need to be replaced, especially the doors on the driver's side. If there's a front bumper to spare, I may need one of those as well. There's a small rust spot on it that has eaten through, but I don't want to have to wait for it to get worse.

The trunk lid and the driver's side rear quarter panel have some rust spots that have not yet eaten through, but if I can't fix it with some sandblasting and some bondo, I may need to replace them as well.

I would prefer to get them from an area with little to no precipitation so I don't have to replace the doors again any time soon. Anyone in the Midwest that has owned one of these knows that precipitation gets down into the doors and just sits there until it rusts and eats through. If you happen to have doors in good condition, please e-mail me. Thanks!

-Dina

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:05 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

email me at rmdean00@yahoo.com. I am in San Antonio and have access to these parts!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]