OK. Nothing has changed.

I can live with that.

Norm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:10 pm 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

andrewk wrote:
.... I am not the only moderator. I could have taken action a long time ago, but I was involved in the discussion, so that would reflect poorly on me....

And none of the other mods have said anything... The discussion still appears healthy from a third party's point of view.

andrewk wrote:
.... If you would like to discuss my actions as a moderator, start a new thread.

In addition to; the new thread would have to address all moderators, not just andrewk. We're all reading...

http://www.cardomain.com/id/88delta88
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:38 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

my beliefs are this simple if you offend a man you apologize and move on, if the man dosent take your apology then respect goes out the window, I will say this much...again
The first statment i made was in retaliation to norms post style, I felt he was being a ass and respponded accordingly i then realized my mistake and apologized for my use of curse words. I can understand if Norm want to talk trash every chance he gets but on the same token i will not bow down forever and wait for him to feel better about me "attacking" him. If norm can atleast get my name right things would never have gone this far. I realize andrew isnt the only moderator but i felt the need to adress him because he participated in the drama fest- which i feel a moderator shouldnt get involved in, thats what moderators do they keep the peace IMO, but thats my opinion. I realize my action in this forum havent been the best and i will work on them. I just simply ask for my name to used properly, and if it isnt i cant give the same respect and the cycle just goes on and on. as for my peeves wit norm ill just PM them till he gets sick of having to type in 91buickman in all of his messages. thats my .02

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:45 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Hello everyone,

My position has not, and will not change.

Here it is, again:

88 Coupe wrote:
    1. He is in no position to make demands, and I'm not prepared to negotiate anything.
    2. He has been the aggressor since his arrival.
    3. All content that has been directed at him, refers to information that originated in his own posts.
    4. He has not been treated any differently than anyone else.
    5. If wants respect, he will have to earn it by showing a history of posting in an adult manner.
    6. If he has any questions, he can contact me via PM.

I might (no guarantee implied) reword #2, if 91buickman chooses to conform to the spirit of #5.

91buickman wrote:
........ my beliefs are this simple ........ another childish rant ........ the cycle just goes on and on ........

Nothing has changed. 91buickman is still blaming others for the problems he created for himself.

91buickman, this is for you: Read #5 and #6 again.

91buickman wrote:
........ ill just PM them till he gets sick of having to type in 91buickman in all of his messages ........

At the risk of repeating myself, I can live with that.

Norm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:35 pm 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

91parkave wrote:
my beliefs are this simple if you offend a man you apologize and move on, if the man dosent take your apology then respect goes out the window...

But you never apologized.

Here it is, followed by my reply on page 6 of this thread:

91parkave wrote:
i also apologize to the board for my cursing didnt see the edit button till it didnt mater anymore

andrewk wrote:
To the person that reads what is there, and not what isn’t, this is an apology for your language, not the content of your first post.

91parkave wrote:
I will say this much...again
The first statment i made was in retaliation to norms post style, I felt he was being a ass...

And you had no basis for that view. The man asked a few questions, and offered his educated opinion-nothing more, nothing less.

91parkave wrote:
i then realized my mistake and apologized for my use of curse words.

But that isn't an apology for calling him names, just an apology for swearing.

91parkave wrote:
I can understand if Norm want to talk trash every chance he gets but on the same token i will not bow down forever and wait for him to feel better about me "attacking" him.

All you have to do is stop poking the bear.

91parkave wrote:
If norm can atleast get my name right things would never have gone this far.

They probably wouldn't have went this far if you would have admitted you were wrong in the first place.

91parkave wrote:
I realize andrew isnt the only moderator but i felt the need to adress him because he participated in the drama fest- which i feel a moderator shouldnt get involved in, thats what moderators do they keep the peace IMO, but thats my opinion.

And your opinion on that matter belongs in the thread in which it is being discussed. You can find it here:

http://www.oldsconnection.com/forum/vie ... php?t=2884

91parkave wrote:
I realize my action in this forum havent been the best and i will work on them.

Thats good to hear.

91parkave wrote:
I just simply ask for my name to used properly, and if it isnt i cant give the same respect and the cycle just goes on and on.

How can you ask for respect when you were the first to show disrespect?

Quote:
as for my peeves wit norm ill just PM them till he gets sick of having to type in 91buickman in all of his messages.

Thanks.

Mark Twain wrote:
A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:23 am 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

91parkave wrote:
like i said check me out on 3800pro.com

OK- Looks like you behave there, because the entire site is under close supervision, with a no tolerance policy for asshattery.

3800pro.com rules wrote:
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.
Although the administrators and moderators of 3800Pro.com Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of 3800Pro.com Forum, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
The owners of 3800Pro.com Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
Full names will be required and displayed in your posts. Users with obvious fake names in their profile will be deleted.
No flaming or insulting of other members. You will get one warning via a private message. Repeat offenses will result in being banned.
Vendor bashing will not be tolerated. You will get one warning via a private message. Repeat offenses will result in being banned.
All members who are directly affiliated with any vendor MUST declare it in their signature. You will get one warning via a private message. Repeat offenses will result in being banned.
When posting, try to use descriptive titles for your threads to enhance the searchability of the site. Thread titles such as "Help Me" or "Damn this sucks" should NOT be used. Instead try titles like 'Need Help with DTC P0730', 'How to Perform CASE Learn', or 'Vibration at 2,500 RPM'. This will help other people search the site with better accuracy and make it easier for people to help you out.
Everyone has a personal opinion and they will often differ from others. If you get into an argument over something, debate the issue, not the member. If you feel the need to get into a heated discussion with someone, send them a private message. Personal debates on the forum will not be tolerated.
Do NOT post copyrighted material on this Forum without consent of the Author or properly giving credit. This could be from another website, or a book that you personally own. The owner/Admins of this site will not be held liable for any copyright infringement of this type, and as such, will prevent (to the best of our ability) it's posting in public. This is for the protection of ALL members.
Do NOT post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violate any laws. These types of messages will not be tolerated. You will get one warning via a private message. Repeat offenses will result in being banned.
Try to avoid thread hi-jacking. Moderators will be looking for this and will more than likely split the topic if it gets too drastic.

This is a liberal forum, where common sense is not spelled. For all intents and purposes, consider yourself under these rules when posting here. One could infer from TOC's rules that all of the above applies.

These rules essentially spell out the basic rules of net etiquette, tailored for a specific site.

Following these rules will help, "keep the peace."

This reply is probably ill-timed, but I just now had the chance to check out that site-

Mark Twain wrote:
A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:29 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

I think you missed the point andrew, 3800pro isnt closley supervised at all its liberal just like this forum, only diffrence is people know how to talk to each other withou sounding like an ass, its all about perception. just my .02

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:46 am 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

91parkave wrote:
I think you missed the point

No.

91parkave wrote:
only diffrence is people know how to talk to each other withou sounding like an ass

As does this forum.

91parkave wrote:
its all about perception.

Yes it is.

Mark Twain wrote:
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:41 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

91buickman wrote:
........ 3800pro isnt closley supervised at all its liberal just like this forum ........

Not according to the following quote.

http://www.3800pro.com wrote:
........ No flaming or insulting of other members. You will get one warning via a private message. Repeat offenses will result in being banned. (We are quite serious about this folks) ........

We can see why those members know how to talk to each other. We treat each other like adults, because we are (except for an occasional Troll) adults.

Here is how it works there: http://www.3800pro.com/forum/showthread ... 29&t=16273

Third post. 91buickman posted a BS reply to Rogue (who actually knows what he is talking about) and got his hand slapped. He took it like a man. I wonder why he didn't argue like a 5 year old.

Speaking of Rogue:

From: http://www.bonnevilleclub.com/forum/vie ... 476#899476

Rogue wrote:
91buickman wrote:
........ but people around here are head over heels about INTENSE racing products and they make good stuff but their not the people who make good products if you catch my drift ........

I don't catch the drift at all and in fact I take a pretty big offense to this statement.

There is usually a reason that a company has a big following or is recommended to other people. I'm not sure making good stuff but not good product is a valid (or even comprehensible) reason to dispute that ........

Rogue has been an active member of BC at least as long as I've been visiting there. Can anyone tell me what position he holds at Intense Racing in addition to being administrator at 3800pro?

Norm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:07 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

If you keep reading you will notice where i cleared that up, I left out a word which totally changed the meaning of what i typed.

91buickman wrote:
........ but people around here are head over heels about INTENSE racing products and they make good stuff but their not the ONLY people who make good products if you catch my drift ........

Rouge then saw what i was talking about and no harm no foul. So Like i said norm if youre going to post my quotes POST THE WHOLE QUOTE!

Now for the 3800pro, I pm'ed rouge ands asked him why he thought what he did, there was a miscommunicatiioin because i was talking about the 91-97 body styles in which there is plenty of room for intercoolers etc...
as for the 98+'s there a ddiffrent body style and have limited room for them, Problem solved.

Anything else, you might be unclear about?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:43 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

91buickman wrote:
........ I left out a word which totally changed the meaning of what i typed ........

You added it after you got caught posting BS as if you actually knew what you were talking about.

91buickman wrote:
........ if you catch my drift ........

And the part you could not "clean up"? Not much you could have done with the revealing part.

91buickman wrote:
........ Rouge then saw what i was talking about and no harm no foul ........

Everyone (there and here) knows what you meant. You posted it because you did not know there was a resident Intense rep at BC.

His only option was to accept your "after the fact" damage control, and react as he did.

91buickman wrote:
........ I pm'ed rouge ands asked him why he thought what he did ........

In this case, we have no choice but to post as if you were being truthful. Just like Rogue did in the BC thread.

91buickman wrote:
........ there was a miscommunicatiioin because i was talking about ........

Something other than what was being discussed. You seem to do a lot of that.

91buickman wrote:
........ Anything else, you might be unclear about?

Me? Unclear? You are no less transparent than any other common BS artist.

Norm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:58 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Once again, If you want to talk B.S then have something other than you r worthless opinion to back it up with. Just like i said earlier you love to take everything out of context, I explained earlier what happened, and thats what happened, end of story i f you dont believe it keep it to youreself, no one cares, You cant prove me wrong, and you have nothing to gain by this. Did i hurt your feelings before? Are you a child molestor? ive never heard of a grown man who brings up chilidish behavior more than you, you are the one who needs to grow up and stop putting half ass quotes up so you can take them out of context, you almost worse than the media.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:58 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

91parkave wrote:
........ If you want to talk B.S ........ More of the same ........worse than the media.

On a scale of 1 to 10, this rant is a minus 2.

BTW: A common child molester ranks a couple of steps above a compulsive liar.

Norm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:05 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

88 Coupe wrote:

BTW: A common child molester ranks a couple of steps above a compulsive liar.

I forgot that you always spoke from actual experience

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:06 pm 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

91parkave wrote:
[b]Once again... blahblahbitchbitchcrycrywhinewhinesobsobblahblah

91parkave wrote:
I realize my action in this forum havent been the best and i will work on them.

:boohoo:

I'd say they still need work.

Mark Twain wrote:
 Profile Personal album  

Page 7 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next