It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:47 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

91buickman wrote:
........ I stand corrected

Isn't it a good feeling to be a man, for a change?

Norm

Edit: Title change.

Last edited by 88 Coupe on Fri May 09, 2008 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:40 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

ive been a man for a long time, you got no place judging any man, because you are not perfect by any standard.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:22 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

91buickman wrote:
........ solid advice to anyone who wants to keep their car maintained ........

And like oil, trans, brake fluid, and air filer changes, it has nothing to do with this topic.

Nothing to do with this topic = Just more childish BS.

Try to keep up with the rest of us.

91buickman wrote:
........ Do me a favor ........

In your dreams.

91buickman wrote:
........ and save your ........

When you post accurate, relevant, and helpful, information. In order to do so, you will need to read, and comprehend, any/all threads/posts before you consider responding.

All this was already covered in this post. Here it is again:

88 Coupe wrote:
    1. He is in no position to make demands, and I'm not prepared to negotiate anything.
    2. He has been the aggressor since his arrival.
    3. All content that has been directed at him, refers to information that originated in his own posts.
    4. He has not been treated any differently than anyone else.
    5. If wants respect, he will have to earn it by showing a history of posting in an adult manner.
    6. If he has any questions, he can contact me via PM.

Followed by:

88 Coupe wrote:
........ Nothing has changed. 91buickman is still blaming others for the problems he created for himself ........

Try to learn from your mistakes.

Norm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:47 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

91parkave wrote:
ive been a man for a long time, you got no place judging any man, because you are not perfect by any standard.

Time has nothing to do with it; it's the quality of post.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:21 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

91buickman wrote:
........ because you are not perfect by any standard.

Looks like you are making a judgment.

Do you think you are perfect?

Norm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:33 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

87Delta wrote:
91parkave wrote:

Time has nothing to do with it; it's the quality of post.

Norm said exactly as follows "Dosent it feel good to be a man for a change?"

that implies That in his brain i became a man the minute i said i stand corrected, even though it wasnt the first time, Let me say this, Ive never had a problem being wrong ever, and ive never had a problem being called out on it. The thing i cant agree with is 88brain cells methods of doing so, just like the above statement, After i said i stand corrected, there was no need to say anything, any mature person would've let it alone right their but then he must continue his antics, it dosent do anything to help anything so you say quality of post? wheres the quality in that?

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:34 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

88 Coupe wrote:
91buickman wrote:
........ because you are not perfect by any standard.

Looks like you are making a judgment.

Do you think you are perfect?

Norm

Dont even try it, Because no man on gods green earth is perfect thats not a judgement, thats a fact

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:18 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

91buickman wrote:
........ Let me say this, Ive never had a problem being wrong ever ........

http://www.oldsconnection.com/forum/vie ... 4089#24089

You made the statement.

91buickman wrote:
........ and ive never had a problem being called out on it ........

http://www.oldsconnection.com/forum/vie ... 4089#24089

And you were "called out" on it.

Norm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:19 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

and you were asked to PM me for why i call you a B.S artist, Instructions were simple, but you refused to do so and instead, want to post in another thread. Like i said from the jump PM me if you want my factual basis in which i call you a b.s artist. Or is that to complicated for you?

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:52 pm 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

91parkave wrote:
that implies That in his brain i became a man the minute i said i stand corrected

I think it really meant that the fact that you could stop with "I stand corrected" meant you were acting more like a grown up, and less like a little damned kid.

Given the posting antics between you two, I probably would have taken it as a compliment.

Quote:
even though it wasnt the first time, Let me say this, Ive never had a problem being wrong ever, and ive never had a problem being called out on it.

I'll agree that you are capable of admitting fault, but you aren't very capable of doing so gracefully. It's always gotta be something with you that makes the post in question "ok"- There is nothing wrong with just being wrong. Everyone learns at some point, and we aren't just gifted with knowledge. I have learned my fair share from Norm, Brando, and countless others both here and on boards all over the net- plus I have also had quite a bit of formal education and experience. Even still, I learn something every day, and I hope to until I am 6 feet under. Being wrong just means you get to expand your knowledge of truth that much more.

Quote:
The thing i cant agree with is 88brain cells methods of doing so, just like the above statement, After i said i stand corrected, there was no need to say anything, any mature person would've let it alone right their

A good portion of the stuff you post there was "no need to say"- Is this the pot calling the kettle black? You can't have it both ways-

I still can't comprehend how you want this utmost respect when you keep provoking him- If you were in his postition, would you react any differently? (That's a rehetorical question. Of course you would say you would react differently, just to try to make your point.)

I can understand how you would be pissed off at the way you are treated. It would piss me off too. That doesn't make it wrong. I have looked over your posting history about 3 dozen times, during different 'discussions' and you continue to post loaded statements, after you started the fight. Seems to me that if you wanted that to change, you'd knock it off, apologize, ignore any digs he "gets in on you", and let the whole thing go away into cyberspace.

I try to do my part in as much of an unbiased way as I can. In each of these pissing matches, I look for the root of the arguement, and see who struck first. So far, it's been you. If it were any different, I'd be calling someone else out.

Quote:
but then he must continue his antics,

So it's ok for you to continue your antics, but you can't tolerate any repercussions for your actions? Get over yourself.

Quote:
it dosent do anything to help

I beg to differ. 88Coupes and others challenges to your "technical posts" have sucessfully saved people from wasting their money on BS advice. I'd say that helps quite a bit. We could use the "petroleum jelly incident" as a good example of this.

Quote:
so you say quality of post? wheres the quality in that?

Where's the quality in having to decipher half the shit you post with a hooked on phonics DVD? You want respect, and you want credibility. Prove that you deserve it.

Mark Twain wrote:
A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:59 pm 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

91parkave wrote:
and you were asked to PM me for why i call you a B.S artist

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a discussion board? Why would you want that to be private when everything else between you two has been out in the open?

Also, being the person who started it, what puts you in the position to "mandate" anything?

Quote:
Instructions were simple, but you refused to do so and instead, want to post in another thread.

Probably because that gives you no room to "squirm", and he didn't want to give it to you. Let's say you do have this PM exchange, and he posts it. This creates a cloud of doubt surrounding the whole thing, and you can say that "that's not what I sent you"-

I have a real problem with this and other times you have suggested people to PM you for info. (Moreso other people, since that involves the actual purpose as to why this board exists) We have a discussion board here, use it.

Mark Twain wrote:
A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:41 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

andrewk wrote:
I think it really meant that the fact that you could stop with "I stand corrected" meant you were acting more like a grown up, and less like a little damned kid.

Given the posting antics between you two, I probably would have taken it as a compliment.

probably?...... i dont think so.

andrewk wrote:

I'll agree that you are capable of admitting fault, but you aren't very capable of doing so gracefully. It's always gotta be something with you that makes the post in question "ok"- There is nothing wrong with just being wrong. Everyone learns at some point, and we aren't just gifted with knowledge. I have learned my fair share from Norm, Brando, and countless others both here and on boards all over the net- plus I have also had quite a bit of formal education and experience. Even still, I learn something every day, and I hope to until I am 6 feet under. Being wrong just means you get to expand your knowledge of truth that much more.

I would do so in a graceful manner if it wasnt for the "asshole" antics carried out the whole conversation. respect goes 2 ways. and before you reply to that read below

andrewk wrote:
A good portion of the stuff you post there was "no need to say"- Is this the pot calling the kettle black? You can't have it both ways-

there is no way..seriously you can think that. I never mention norm at any post that i make till he starts talking irrelevant shit, then it goes from there.........everytime, so what are you talking about?
andrewk wrote:
I still can't comprehend how you want this utmost respect when you keep provoking him- If you were in his postition, would you react any differently? (That's a rehetorical question. Of course you would say you would react differently, just to try to make your point.)

I keep provoking him? lol i tried the approach, and he just keeps going and going and going with out me even saying shit, i get tired of the shit after a while and the war goes on. its not me who needs the chill pill, and you know this, but hey guess its entertaining for you to keep saying i keep "poking the bear".

andrewk wrote:
I can understand how you would be pissed off at the way you are treated. It would piss me off too. That doesn't make it wrong. I have looked over your posting history about 3 dozen times, during different 'discussions' and you continue to post loaded statements, after you started the fight. Seems to me that if you wanted that to change, you'd knock it off, apologize, ignore any digs he "gets in on you", and let the whole thing go away into cyberspace.

loaded statements........i begin to wonder if you and norm are the same person. I started one fight in the start of my membership, and that was because he came off completley obnoxious, However i apologized, Remember?, And then it started, and never stopped. Knock it off? apologize? for what, letting the asshole run my name through the dirt, and talk shit just because he feels like it, get over yourself andrew remeber your blind quote? same applies here.
andrewk wrote:
I try to do my part in as much of an unbiased way as I can. In each of these pissing matches, I look for the root of the arguement, and see who struck first. So far, it's been you. If it were any different, I'd be calling someone else out.

you never look for the root obviously. you would never call norm out, ive never seen nutriding like how you do. ---example, like per say the thread you started about you having the misfire in your lumina...i pm'd u a thread from another site to read, I told you to read post #11, in particular about your plug wires, But what do you do?, lol Norm says hey check your ignition, u say norm nailed right on the head, Now im not asking for credit or anything like that. im simply pointing out the bias shit you do, this was just one instance, instead of always taking up for your dear pal, you should take a closer look at whats in front of your eyes before you come to me..again.....with more shit

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:29 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

91buickman wrote:
........ Norm said exactly as follows "Dosent it feel good to be a man for a change?" ........

Not exactly what Norm said.

91buickman wrote:
and you were asked to PM me for why i call you a B.S artist, Instructions were simple, but you refused to do so ........

A man does not resort to "schoolyard games" to avoid taking responsibility for his own lies.

But then, a man does not tell those lies, in the first place.

From: http://www.oldsconnection.com/forum/vie ... 4089#24089

88 Coupe wrote:
91buickman wrote:
........ I have plenty of basis on which i call you a B.S artist, PM me if you want the truth.

If you actually have anything, post it here.

Why not just show everyone, that you are man enough to answer a direct challenge to one of your many lies.

Norm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:48 am 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

Quote:
However i apologized, Remember?

No. I don't.

Quote:
i also apologize to the board for my cursing didnt see the edit button till it didnt mater anymore

That's an apology for the words used, not the content.

Quote:
you would never call norm out

It's been done before, and if it need to be done again, it would happen again.

Quote:
---example, like per say the thread you started about you having the misfire in your lumina...i pm'd u a thread from another site to read, I told you to read post #11, in particular about your plug wires,

Let's look at this. Here is the PM, in full.

Quote:
didnt want to "advertise" another site on here so i thought you'd be interested in this http://60degreev6.com/forum/showthread. ... =hesitatio n

check post #9 in particular but read the whole thing.

I read the thread. The symptoms sounded similar, it didn't sound like it was what was happening with my car, which I knew was misfiring. The replies were all over the map. There were people that thought it was the intake gasket, coil packs, plugs, plug wires, etc. The post you mentioned in the PM was such a long run on sentence that I stopped about 1/3 of the way through because I couldn't read it, and given the rest of the thread quality, I didn't think I was missing much. I just re-read the thread, and in the middle of all that babble, he mentions he had a plug wire off. Congrats on finding a thread that figured out the problem.:roll:

Quote:
But what do you do?, lol Norm says hey check your ignition, u say norm nailed right on the head,

Becuase he did. It was a faulty wire, causing a load miss. As I recall, you wanted me to hook up a scan tool and go out and drive it-

Quote:
Now im not asking for credit or anything like that.

If I had thought you had deserved any, I'd have given it to you. I didn't think so, so I didn't.

Quote:
im simply pointing out the bias shit you do, this was just one instance, instead of always taking up for your dear pal, you should take a closer look at whats in front of your eyes before you come to me..again.....with more shit

The man's always got ya down, doesn't he?

Quote:
there is no way..seriously you can think that.

Seriously. There is.

The rest of your post just makes me laugh. It's all been hashed out too many times on this board. The answers haven't changed, neither have the premesis.

I'm done with this one, but I encourage both 91parkave and 88Coupe to hash out their differences here, rather than in threads that may actually serve a purpose to someone.

Mark Twain wrote:
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:22 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Went back and checked it out: http://www.oldsconnection.com/forum/vie ... 3658#23658

buickman wrote:
........ Norm says hey check your ignition ........

Another of the many lies, you have built on your intentional misquotes.

Here it is again:

From post #5: http://www.oldsconnection.com/forum/vie ... 3655#23655

88 Coupe wrote:
........ A faulty plug and/or wire can cause a load miss ........

I did not say "hey check your ignition".

From post #4: http://www.oldsconnection.com/forum/vie ... 3651#23651

91buickman wrote:
........ When you get a chance to test, go for the usual suspects, plugs,wires, ICM ........

But, you said something very similar.

andrewk wrote:
buickman wrote:
........ u say norm nailed right on the head,
Because he did ........

Here it is again:

88 Coupe wrote:
........ A faulty plug and/or wire can cause a load miss ........

A faulty wire was the problem.

From post #2: http://www.oldsconnection.com/forum/vie ... 3648#23648

91buickman wrote:
........ Do you have access to a scan tool? If so ........

Not a clue.

From post #4: http://www.oldsconnection.com/forum/vie ... 3651#23651

91buickman wrote:
yes you can log runs you make with some of the Actron scanners out there ........

Still no clue.

From post #5: http://www.oldsconnection.com/forum/vie ... 3655#23655

88 Coupe wrote:
........ Paper clip works on OBD1 systems.

From post #8: http://www.oldsconnection.com/forum/vie ... 3658#23658

91buickman wrote:
........ a Paper clip will not show anything unless the check engine light is on, or the computer has a stored code, which is not the op's case ........

We can all see the beginning of another childish argument. We can also see that the diagnosis was made before your PM was sent.

From post #9: http://www.oldsconnection.com/forum/vie ... 3662#23662

andrewk wrote:
........ I took my VOM and started checking plug wires. When I got to #3 cylinder, the plug wire made a nice crunching sound when I pulled it off the plug ........

Interesting what a little knowledge/experience and a VOM can accomplish.

91buickman wrote:
........ im simply pointing out the bias s--t you do ........

Yes. You do a lot of "pointing out".

You make it up as you go, and you are not man enough to admit it.

andrewk wrote:
........ The man's always got ya down, doesn't he? ........

Not possible, unless one is not man enough to take responsibility for his own actions.

Norm

Profile Personal album  

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next