It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Phone
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:31 pm 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

Finally getting rid of my POS motorola v260 cellphone... I have a new "KRZR" coming... Not really one for flashy phones, but the price was right.

Here's what the phone was doing... Randomly dropping calls, saying no service all the time, and then it would say "invalid battery". It was on, and worked, but said invalid battery. (Kind of like office space: "PC Load Letter? what the fuck does that mean?) Needless to say, I hate this phone.

I named my phone Ziggy after Quantum Leap... remember the little computer?

Luckily, the people at Verizon were really helpful in letting me re-up a month and a half early. If they would have said no, I would have went with a different provider.

Anyway, I need a good way to destroy my phone and make myself feel better. I was thinking railroad tracks, but I don't want to derail a train.

Any Ideas? It will be filmed so that you all can see the destruction.

Andrew

Mark Twain wrote:
A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: New Phone
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:54 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Mapp gas torch? Sure works good on cockroaches, should do well on phones :lol:

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:29 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Nothin' says obliteration and destruction better than a good ol' aluminum baseball bat!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:24 pm 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

Well... my research has sort of determined that the train might be ok, but I am pretty nervous about it... i might try a penny first, and see the reaction, then a small pebble... trains move pretty slow through my area, so hopefully it will be ok...

I know its a stupid thing to do, but the frustration I have had with this phone makes me want to take it out in the worst way I can. I have been patient with it, now I want to kill it once and for all...

However, MAPP gas and a baseball bat might be cool too... I was also thinking a couple m80s...

Andrew

Mark Twain wrote:
A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:55 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

remove battery, insert firecrackers, drill hole through battery door to run fuse through, install battery door....prepare camera, light fuse, and enjoy.

:lol:

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:59 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

andrewk wrote:
Well... my research has sort of determined that the train might be ok, but I am pretty nervous about it... i might try a penny first, and see the reaction, then a small pebble... trains move pretty slow through my area, so hopefully it will be ok...
Andrew

Just remember to secure it on the track with tape or something. Don't want it rattling off :lol:

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:02 pm 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

Damn...

So I got the KRZR, and its a nice phone, although it is not nearly as functional as my v260. Sure, its cool, but its the little things that bother me...

Also, any idea why verizon blocks multimedia in Motorola phone tools, and why they block bluetooth file transfers? Nothing like getting a really capable phone only to have all the things that make those features cool restricted.

I might trade the KRZR for a RAZR... depends on what I can do to make this phone more functional.

Mark Twain wrote:
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:03 pm 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

andrewk wrote:
Damn...

So I got the KRZR, and its a nice phone, although it is not nearly as functional as my v260. Sure, its cool, but its the little things that bother me...

Also, any idea why verizon blocks multimedia in Motorola phone tools, and why they block bluetooth file transfers? Nothing like getting a really capable phone only to have all the things that make those features cool restricted.

I might trade the KRZR for a RAZR... depends on what I can do to make this phone more functional.

Yah, not trading for a razr. The razr is even less functional. I need to see what the new Razr Maxx is capable of doing in verizons network and I may trade up to that when it comes out...

I get why multimedia is blocked, but why take away the functionality of the phone?

I am going to flash it to Alltel I think, depending on what is actually possible with the motorola OS...

Mark Twain wrote:
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:52 am 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

Well, found that everything that I love about motorola has not changed, just vzw. Oh well I guess. Not too keen on flashing right now, I need to get more familiar with the software and process before I risk turning this phone into a hockey puck.

I did hack the multimedia block using Motorola software update and a program called p2k commander. Very easy.

I'll post more, including the demise of my v260, after I make sure this is the phone I am going to stay with.

Mark Twain wrote:
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:45 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Instead of destroying the phone, you should try to turn it into a digital code reader, I doubt the programing would be difficult. It would also be a one of a kind diagnostic tool!...

If all else fails!!...Launch it with a model rocket with a ton of M80's attached to it..if it doesn"t blow up, it'll definitely be destroyed after falling from 500 feet!

More than one way to skin a cat

Profile Personal album  

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]