It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:25 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

Alright, I've been focusing more on home audio instead of car audio these days... :shock:
I had a really crappy outdated system as well as an old 32" crt tv...it was time to upgrade.

Mine is still in process, need to finish my subwoofer up (building it myself) and some other misc stuff.

Toshiba Regza 40xv645u 40" LCD 1080p TV - Awesome tv...love it 8-) It fit perfectly in the entertainment center, where the 32" CRT TV was.
Pioneer VSX-919AH-K Receiver - Been listening to it every day since I got it...love that my iPod hooks right up to it...they include the cable-no extra adapters necessary! Displays the iPod GUI on TV.
AV123 ELT525 5 Speaker set - WOW! I only have the center and towers hooked up right now.....just wow :drool: My sub is not complete yet...therefore it isn't hooked up yet either. The towers get surprisingly low.

The sub is an Adire Audio Shiva MKIV, BASH 500W Plate amp, 85L Vented enclosure built to Adire Audio specs, and I'm just waiting on some Cherry veneer to arrive to cover it.

APC H15 Power Conditioner - Protects my equipment in style, just got it today...it boosts or trims the voltage on demand...every time my A/C kicks in it keeps the voltage at 120 for that split second. Really cleaned up the electrical cords in back as well.

My HTPC plays everything...DVD 1080p upconversion...Bluray...browse the web...HDMI output via Radeon HD 4670:
MSI Media Live
AMD Athlon X2 4850e
G.Skill 4GB (4 x 1GB) DDR2 800
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4670 1GB GDDR3
WD Caviar Green 1TB
Panasonic UJ-225 Blu-Ray
Windows Vista Ultimate x64

Oh yea...can't forget the Comcast HD Cable...

Can't wait to hook my sub up...and eventually the back surround speakers. Sounds amazing as it is.

I'm in love with my living room... :lol:

I highly recommend all the equipment I have listed on this page...especially the AV123 speakers.

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:06 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

Funny thing happened today...

Went to harbor freight (in a somewhat "ghetto" part of town) after work to get a roundover router bit set to use on my subwoofer box to round the edges for the veneer.

As soon as I pulled into the parking lot and got out of my car, some dude in a black explorer asked me if I wanted a surround sound system...he had his tinted rear window partially down and I could see the boxes he had in back. I instantly said "No thanks" and proceeded to walk into the store. I did watch him drive away looking for his next possible victim.

My guess is it was probably one of these awesome systems:
http://www.genesismedialabs.com/hometheater.html
MSRPed at five to six grand.

http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/Cri ... _scams.htm

I had always read about these scams...but had never been approached before.

Hopefully this post lets others know....don't buy speakers in a parking lot.

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:19 am 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

New sub arrived last week, an AV123 MFW-15 in Cherry Gloss finish. Looks and sounds beautiful. Can get the whole house vibrating... Extends down to 17hz.... :drool:

Also added the Sony PS3 Slim to the whole mess.

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:43 pm 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

Ha- I just "upgraded" to a 32" CRT! :lol:

All my stuff is older- I don't have anything that does HD- I'm still using component video. My sound is ok, but my new place doesn't really have a good way to use the surround sound, so I'm just running two front channels- sounds "good enough" for as many movies as I watch these days.

Mark Twain wrote:
A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:42 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

I don't have my own home theater system (I just moved out last summer, and kidney failure keeps me out of a job), but I should get a list of what my father has and post it here...

[Brando], I'm impressed! My father got into home theater systems a lot more recently. He has a few reel-to-reel players he's refurbishing; something he's very, very good at.

I wish I could say I've got a nice surround sound system hooked up, but I don't. I have a 32" Samsung HDTV, a Dreamcast, XBox (and 360), Super Nintendo, Nintendo64, PS2, and my VCR. The 360 is my DVD player.. Also, my Intelivision is at my Mom's in the basement.. I gotta bring that over here and get some Space Invaders goin' on! God, I miss that game..

I've collected all of this since I was 4. The Intelivision was my first system.. Then came the SNES when I was about 9 or 10. And.. It just took off from there. Man, I'm such a nerd.. It's not often you find a young woman with all of those systems and an old project car.. Haha!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]