It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:44 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

The original SuperCiera is for sale. It doesn't run and I've had my fun with it. I'm not going to fix it and I'm not looking to get rich. I believe it's finally spun a main bearing at 300k miles (yes, Mobil 1 does seem to work). Maybe it's something else but you should assume all rods and pistons are laying the oil pan so if it's something easier it's your gain and my loss.

1986 Olds Cutlass Ciera GT 2 door (slant window) with 1992 Buick 3800SC and 95 supercharger. Dark Ruby Red with Claret interior. Registration is up to date (due 9/07). Obviously I can't smog it 'cause, see, it's broken.

I don't want to toss the car to the junkyard because it has some things an A body person might want:

Eibach springs
KYB shocks
Hellwig rear swaybar (rare)
6000STE rear discs
American Racing AR-158 16" wheels (one was curbed but it's not terrible just cosmetic). Tires are Hankook 225-50/16 with about 10k miles on them.
A complete set of NEW Ciera GT emblems still in the packaging including the front GT emblem (no longer available). If fact I think there is two.

The body is in good shape but the paint is starting to chip after 8 years.
The interior is a B- . Worn, enjoyed, I had fun. The rest is good but the suede is pretty shot.
All glass except the windshield is good.
All door and trunk gaskets are maybe 5 years old.

I did the complete suspension (all bushings) around 7 years ago) so those parts may still be usable. New wheel bearings maybe 4 years ago.

Tons of spare parts like several 3800SC throttle bodies, spare SC, service manuals, DICs, etc. No stereo or speakers.

I want to get it gone. Someone make an offer and bring your tow dolly. The car is 12 miles from Auburn, California (off I80 between Sacramento and Reno.)

Terry Kelley
(530) 367-3043
terrybk@usamedia.tv

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]