It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Car broken into..
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:32 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Hey peeps..

Well the day finally came for me, after 4 successful years of keeping my stereo safe, the moring i dreaded arrived.

I was drinkin n playing foosball n Airhockey at Shannons house with her friends n my buddies Paul n Adam. We left the cars in the visitor underground parking garage, started drinkin n we had the 24 in my car, so every hour or so, we'd go out for a beer run (at parties, you cant leave a 24 on the ground, esp in the Ghetto ) so the last beer run was about 4:00Am, walked Paul to his Paseo, and he drove home, I went back inside to continue mackin on this girl. About 5am, adam n I went upstairs n passed out on Shannons bed, told the other 2 girls to follow. So anyway skipping some details here, got up around 11am, went to the garage to find my driver door opened.. (i was like.. woah I musta been right mangled last night to leave my door open) then i notice the shattered driver window, and the drunk lid opened and the trunk rack all bent up.

saw this when I looked in the doors..

Both sides looked the same, both doors were open, my car was ransacked, all glove box, console etc.. MY deck was still there (no faceplate as it was hidden under the seat, and they didtn see it), also my EQ was still under the deck.. then I went to see what was left of the trunk.

TOO MY SURPRISE the beast held up, and they could not penetrate the trunk lid! it was pryed up from all 4 corners and the middle, raised about 2 iinches (so it looked like it was opened) but my system was still in there I HOPED.. then i saw my backseat was all ripped out, but to my advantage the big metal 'X' was preventing any equipment removal from the trunk!

I WON this round.. well I made out alright, then i noticed my COLD AIR INTAKE was stolen as well! and a Blockbuster DVD rental, and my f'in Gym bag and drity clothes..and CD case (but left a visor of CDs and another mini case)

this is what I think happened:

The punks, smashed the window, poped the hood, and the other guy opened the hood, ripped out my siren , then they worked on the car in the safety of underground, and no siren going off.

(There are 2 sets of footprints on my rear bumper, so they were jumpin on it like monkeys trying to get in. one pair of shoes is Airwalks or Phat farm, and the other some sorta boot.

Anyway I had a spare window in my attic, so thats fixed, i re-fastened my trunk lid and chrome rack, and fixed backseat, and siren.

This is what I am goin to do to prevent this from future offences:
(all feedback is apreciated)

- Chain in door speaks. (bolt to door, around speaker basket
- Dual siren (gonna hook up my old one)
- Backup siren (must have)
- Disable hood latch (convert to an electronic actuator, (where can i get this)
protect hood latch (so they cant open thru front Grill
-Bolt in box. ;)
reinforce back seat clip into trunk , make it harder to ruin again.

I didnt file a police report , or contact insurance as my losses were really only my nice Clarion speakers (they left the tweets and crossovers..)

Well thats my story.. Heres some more pics..

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:18 am 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

Man, that blows bigtime. I know what its like to have a car ransacked. I've had my stereo ripped off 3 times over... :-) It sucks, but you just have to bite back.

I was thinking about taking one of those electric fly swatters and rigging it up so that there are live wires under each of the door handles... See where I'm going with this? ;-) when your alarm recieves the disarm signal, it will kill the power to the door handles. How can you steal a car, or its stereo if you cant successfully open the damn door??? :-)

http://www.cardomain.com/id/88delta88
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:56 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

here's the pics I promissed..

Image ImageImage

BUG ZAPPING HANDLES EH.. hehe, you'd prolly endup with the lawsuit

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:53 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

sorry to hear that, I had one cd player stolen from the lowrider once. I had it towed to a garage and had the driver leave it right on the edge of the lot by the street and right next to a light where to police usually sit. They busted passenger side window and tore up dash trim panel and took the radio, was a pioneer deh 6400 back when they were new! I filed a report and that dickhead cop said it was my fault for having a car like that!!! It's got and alarm now, I should get an electric vlave and hook up the airhorn to it!

Profile Personal album  

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]