It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:11 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

Anyone ever seen any 86-91 H-Bodies with tweeter pods stock? Just wondering...that would be a Delta 88, Bonneville, and LeSabre if you didn't know :wink:

I plan to make my own, but if I can buy them from a dealer that'd be even easier. I never did finish my kick pods, but they are a stupid idea anyways...always gotta be careful getting in the car...they really suck! :evil: :lol:

So I plan to do some custom work. The tweeter pods should be pretty easy to do. I took one of the panels off (the ones that go on the interior of the doors on the opposite side of the side view mirrors), and behind it their is some foam stuffed into a hole, large enough to fit a tweeter. So I'm making a guess that vehicles of my year with Bose systems may have had speakers there...but I've never seen a picture of an H-body with a Bose system before...hopefully someone else has! 8)

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:21 am 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

Brando... I know my speaker pods arent as contoured as yours were, and arent perfectly acoustically positioned, but they work awesome, I never kick them and they havent expired from water getting into the doors!

Why not make something in your door? Its dead easy, and there wont be any metal cutting involved, there are already holes cut in our door panels for such a thing.

:-)

As for the tweeters... Dont know! You wouldnt be able to remove the factory front speaker covers in the dash, and build a fibreglass "tube" that positioned your tweeter where you want it? I would think that would be the best place for them, if you can make it look 1/2 decent... I'm sure you've already pondered that idea though...

http://www.cardomain.com/id/88delta88
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:28 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

not too sure on the premium sound option offered for 86-91 but I know they did offer an in-door mid speaker - 5.25". Saw this at a yard. then it had tweeters in the dash I think, never took a good look at it.

edit: yes you could put them in there if you wanted too, just cut out some foam. Put the speakers in the doors too.

Profile Personal album  

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]