It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Infinity Kappa 32.7cf
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:24 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Ok right now for my 3.5's I have Boston Acoustics installed. I cant complain and think they sound pretty good but I am looking for an upgrade. The only reason for the upgrade really is I like the feature of the external crossover. What I am wondering is I see these on Sounddomain for 99.00 I read a post from Brando that he paid like 50.00 or something close to that. I would rather buy them from sounddomain but I cant see paying the 100.00 for them when I see them on ebay for like 50.00 plus shipping. Is there some special way I need to purchase them on sound domain to get them for the cheaper price or is it they have just gone up that much in price? Also anyone know how much better these will sound that the Boston's I currently have now? All I have is an inline frequency blocker (cant remember what they are called) to keep the low's from getting to my current 3.5's. Thanks for the help. John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:06 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

Use Froogle, search for 32.7cf...find the lowest price, and have SoundDomain price match it with their 105% policy.

Oh...and those are called Bass Blockers...otherwise known as a 6db/octave low pass crossovers (capacitors).

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:16 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Sounddomain is a little sketchy sounding after reading their beat it policy. Ok I found them for 69.00 on another site. Sound domains price is 99.95. Well when sound domain beats it theirs comes out to 68.45. Wow!! A whole .55 cheaper they are plus you lose your free shipping so it comes out to more when I still get free shipping from the other online vendor. Is it me or am I doing my calculations wrong? John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:34 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

It's called Authorized Dealer.
OnlineCarStereo isn't an authorized dealer of anything....as far as I know, which has them for $69. SoundDomain on the other hand is an Authorized Dealer. You get the warranty through Infinity if you buy from the Authorized Dealer...on the other hand, non authorized dealers usually can get you a warranty if your product happens to be defective...but they have to send it to whom they bought it from (certainly not from Infinity)......it sometimes can take months before you get your product back, while with the authorized dealer...you get straight contact with Infinity....I dunno, you tell me which one is worth it.

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:00 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Well In my particular situation I will stick with the cheaper option. I am not one of those people you see driving around with my stereo cranked to the max. In my 10 years of doing car stereos, I wont say I have installed a lot but every car I have owned I have done everything myself. I have yet to have blown anything in any of my installs. I keep the gains turned way down as I am not necessarily looking for loud so much to say as the quality you can get from a home stereo. Anyway could I get a little more sound and quality by better tuning my amps, sure, I just choose not too. Thank you for at least clearing up with me about the authorized dealer issue and also how to go about getting the price mathing. John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:05 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

Take into factor that they could be defective upon shipment....I would go through the price match...but to each its own I guess.

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:07 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Maybe I still will but it really gets me that you lose your free shipping on a price match.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:10 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

LOL....but seriously...we're talking about customer service here..
Take a look at this...buyer beware.

I have ordered from SoundDomain quite a few times....one time they forgot to ship an adapter for a battery I bought from them...so I contacted them and no questions asked they sent one out.

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:45 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Brando,
Another question for you dealing with the 32.7's. What did you use as a power source for the left and right speaker crossovers? Did you run all new power and ground wires from the battery or did you use a source from the existing wiring harness so as to not have to run all that line? I would prefer to use something existing but if I cant I can run new wires to a junction box and then branch off from there for the left and right crossover's. Bye the way I am not sure what year/model your Old's is. Mine is an 87 442 so I may not even be able to run it the same way you did depending on what model you have. Thanks again for the help. John

Just noticed you have two. 99 and an 87. Which are you running the 32.7's in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:05 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

well, the 32.7's are the newer kappas, I had the older 32.5cf. I sold them a while back, to my uncles (all infinity speakers). They were good stock replacements...but nothing beats a 6.5" component set up front, which I replaced them with...of course you have to either be willing to modify the doors or make kick pods for those. For the 32.5cfs, I just used the head unit stock stereo wires...are you using an external amp?

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:49 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Yes, using an external amp. But I may just run some wires from the wiring harness that is connected to the deck and call it a day rather than running all new power and ground wires. John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:53 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

I would definately run new power wires then, what size amp? You'll probably overload the circuit if you hook it up to the same wires as the radio (do use the switched power wire on the harness though).

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]