It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Just bought an XM radio
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:43 pm 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

Hey everyone... Just bought the Delphi Roady XT satellite radio. Set everything up and activated it with 3 months of service for just under $160 CDN (Thank you Ralph Klein!!!). Car kit & everything included. I think it was a decent deal, but its a great radio.

I love this satellite radio! There are at least 5 channels for every music genre, with no commercials! Its all cd quality, and I dont need inputs, it goes over its own FM transmitter. Anyone else have a sat. radio? I was going to go sirius, but XM seemed like it had better hardware available.

BTW Brando - I am trying to find the topic a LONG time ago where we discussed my headunit. You gave me a link to a line input for my cd-changer port. Can you remember that topic? It would be great if I could have a REAL line input over the FM transmitter. Better overall quality.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/88delta88
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:14 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

88delta88 wrote:
Hey everyone... Just bought the Delphi Roady XT satellite radio. Set everything up and activated it with 3 months of service for just under $160 CDN (Thank you Ralph Klein!!!). Car kit & everything included. I think it was a decent deal, but its a great radio.

I love this satellite radio! There are at least 5 channels for every music genre, with no commercials! Its all cd quality, and I dont need inputs, it goes over its own FM transmitter. Anyone else have a sat. radio? I was going to go sirius, but XM seemed like it had better hardware available.

Doesn't sirius still have the $500 for lifetime?? I was thinking about it...I mean....that's a damn good deal when you think about it.

88delta88 wrote:
BTW Brando - I am trying to find the topic a LONG time ago where we discussed my headunit. You gave me a link to a line input for my cd-changer port. Can you remember that topic? It would be great if I could have a REAL line input over the FM transmitter. Better overall quality.

Simple, search keyword: "Kenwood" and author: "88delta88" and it was first topic to show up.

But here you go..

http://www.oldsconnection.com/forum/vie ... php?t=1222

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:53 am 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

How is the sound quality of the XM? I've heard some bad things about satellite radio, such as the sound quality is varied throughout the songs...like different bit rates.

edit: nm, you're using an FM transmitter...

Still kind of iffy to have to pay for radio...

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:04 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

My dad bought serius (hes a truck driver) and he complains about how it gets scratchy in tunnels and around airports all the time. I'd probably go with xm if i decided to stop stealing music. :lol:

Brian

Currently driving: 2004 Sentra 1.8S
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:48 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Brianritchie21787 wrote:
My dad bought serius (hes a truck driver) and he complains about how it gets scratchy in tunnels and around airports all the time. I'd probably go with xm if i decided to stop stealing music.
Ummm...all satellite radios will get scratchy or drop when out of LOS of the satellite.

My wife has Sirius in her Charger and my sister-in-law has XM in her Hummer. They both work at the same place, so it's pretty easy to compare.

Sirius wins hands down in my book. The XM quality seems to vary quite a bit around town. Also, the XM seems to drop signal more frequently.

JMHO.

C.J.

BTW, I feel about sat radio like I feel about premium cable channels...5,431 stations and I can't find a darned thing I want to watch/listen to for more than a few minutes. I'll stick with my Rockford-Fosgsate hard drive wireless platform. Downloads songs to my car in the middle of the night from my computer and is digital quality. 8-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:08 pm 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

Dont get me wrong, I still use my MP3 player in the car... But, I am in love with my XM radio. Quality on some of the Jazz channels is superb, whereas some of the metal channels seem to have a slightly lower bitrate. But, afterall, I am still using the FM modulator.

Brando, I just got my Kenwood adapter in the mail from cardomain, and I am going to install it tonight. Thanks for locating that for me way back when! I have a feeling the direct RCA input is going to make a HELL of a difference in sound quality.

IMO, its worth the $12 per month. But thats just me ;-)

http://www.cardomain.com/id/88delta88
 Profile Personal album  

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]