It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Wireless Stereo System
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:34 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Im totally diving right in with my first post.

What I'm trying to do is use a pair of bluetooth wireless headphones that work with phones, pda's or laptops to wirelessly stream music to my Olds' stereo system. Meaning I can hop in the car with my phone which will locate the bluetooth module and think its a handsfree and start playing music wirelessly through my cars speakers. No expensive head-units that might get your car broken into. The whole project will cost about 40 bucks - the cost of the bluetooth headphones and some small parts.

The headphones run on 6v at 250 mAh. I'm guessing the cars stock stereo runs on a steady 12v. Meaning i have to design some kind of regulator circuit to get the 6v.

I wana use the data out in the bluetooth module which originally drives the earphone speakers as the preamp inputs to the amplifier.

My questions are: Does the stock radio in a 1998 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight have a built in amp that I can just wire the data inputs into. If yes, how much current does it draw? And does anyone have any schematics of the audio system of the car?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:55 pm 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

omgrussianmike wrote:
The headphones run on 6v at 250 mAh. I'm guessing the cars stock stereo runs on a steady 12v. Meaning i have to design some kind of regulator circuit to get the 6v.

Most cell phone charger adaptors output 5-6V, depending on the phone of course. Maybe this would be an easier way, unless you enjoy designing stuff!

Quote:
I wana use the data out in the bluetooth module which originally drives the earphone speakers as the preamp inputs to the amplifier.

Sweet idea. Sorry I know nothing about the specific head unit of the '98 88's. However, if you cannot input to some sort of aux port, you could get a FM modulator, which plugs into the actual antenna wire. Better quality than a transmitter, but not quite as good as the real thing.

Good luck with that project, please keep me posted!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/88delta88
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:10 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

I recall seeing someone adding a CD Changer to a stock Delco tape deck...

http://home.hiwaay.net/~davida1/radio.htm

Not sure, but I think you have the same head unit as my intrigue...or what my mom's intrigue had. I have the Bose system...well, highly modified now, but it used a stock external amplifier. The standard system, the amp was built-into the head unit.

So do you have the standard system or the Bose system? My Bose head unit actually has a stock CD changer also, so if you don't have a CD Changer, the inputs might still be there for that...you'd have to trick the unit into thinking the changer was hooked up and properly working though, not sure what that would require.

I'll see if I have any wiring diagrams that might help...I know I won't have any for inside the head unit...

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:32 am 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

very cool link, brando. too bad i dont have a delco to modify...

http://www.cardomain.com/id/88delta88
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:33 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

I looked at the wiring diagrams, it is the same 32 pin harness, but you don't seem to have the CD changer input (CD IN) like the intrigue's stereo has.

I'll post some wiring diagrams of both a 1998 eighty eight and intrigue, perhaps they just didn't label them...the three spots where CD IN would be are just blank for the eighty eight.

Diagrams are full size, probably best to print them out for easiest viewing.

1998 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight Radio Wiring Diagram
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue Radio Wiring Diagram

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]