It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: I need new 6x9's
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:59 pm 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

Hi all-

I just got my car finished, and I noticed that one of my 6x9's is blown- They are 4 year old Rockford Fosgate Punch speakers-

I need to now find a suitable replacement. I am limited to 6x9's because my rear deck is cut for them, as I had the external grilles on the current speakers.

Since I haven't been really following the car audio market that much in the past 4 years, I was wondering what brands of speakers y'all are partial to, or what you have had good luck with, and/or what the good speakers are these days.

The rest of my system is 2 6 1/2" 2 way speakers in the doors, tweeters in the dash in the factory front speaker location, and 2 10" subwoofers in the trunk. I would like something in a 3-way, but I am open to anything really.

Any help is, as always, appreciated.

Andrew

Mark Twain wrote:
A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: I need new 6x9's
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:07 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

I love my Audiobahn's, there by far the best quality speakers in my opinion around.

but check this site out www.cardiscountstereos.com

Edit: here are some 6x9's im sure you will find attractive...
http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/catal ... +%23=AS69V

Post subject: Re: I need new 6x9
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:05 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

......oh god....go with audiobahn if you want lots of chrome and bling bling...and low quality speakers.

check out: http://www.cardomain.com/shop

The Pioneer REV series are very nice...
http://www.cardomain.com/item/PIOTSD691R

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:42 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

91parkave wrote:
I love my Audiobahn's, there by far the best quality speakers in my opinion around.

Actually they are probably the most bottom line you can buy. Typical fanboyism. :roll: Damn noob.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:55 pm 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

Brando wrote:
......oh god....go with audiobahn if you want lots of chrome and bling bling...and low quality speakers.

87Delta wrote:
ctually they are probably the most bottom line you can buy. Typical fanboyism. Rolling Eyes Damn noob.

I took one look at those speakers in the link and said to myself... "Nah- I'd rather have blown speakers than these pieces of ****..." :lol: :lol:

I averted the crisis. I actually took a look at the speaker, and the scratchy sound was actually the die-case rockford emblem that had come off the grille and was sitting in the cone- Removed it, checked for cracks, turned it up, and all is well!

So at least I have that going for me-

While we are on the topic- is Rockford Fosgate still a decent brand? I don't hear much about them, but maybe thats a good thing?

Thanks for the help-

Andrew

Mark Twain wrote:
A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:32 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

i still have my stock 6x9s that no one wants

pretty lame. but they work

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:48 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Soooo im trying to figure out who has actually had audiobahn's and other brands, I had a set of rockford fostgate's 6x9's and sounded no where near as clean and crisp as the audiobahn's i have, not to mention they hit 94DB'sand have a 200w RMS rating, i dont go for bling factor when i talk about speaker because who really gives a damn, it all boils down to personal prefrence, and ive blown a lot of speakers audiobahns not being included :lol: :lol: :lol:

i do have one concern though...
as for the front componets i havent found anything that beats the factory yet for clarity and good vocals anybody have and idea for that?? the big c-bodies have 51/4 componets is it worthwile toupgrade to 61/2's?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:36 am 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

91parkave wrote:
Soooo im trying to figure out who has actually had audiobahn's and other brands,

I have installed sets for my friends, back when I did stereo installs on the side- I never thought they sounded worth a shit, given their ratings.

Quote:
I had a set of rockford fostgate's 6x9's and sounded no where near as clean and crisp as the audiobahn's i have,

It would have to be apples to apples in order to make a sound (no pun intended) comparison-

Quote:
not to mention they hit 94DB'sand have a 200w RMS rating

Loud doesn't mean good-

Quote:
as for the front componets i havent found anything that beats the factory yet for clarity and good vocals anybody have and idea for that?? the big c-bodies have 51/4 componets is it worthwile toupgrade to 61/2's?

My car had those components as an option, and I enlarged it for the 6 1/2 speakers that I put in the doors. I think the 6 1/2" speaker gives a better and truer tone, so to me it would be worth it. You will probably have to cut up the door a little to install them though. If you get a 2 or 3 way speaker that has a crossover built in, it will sound more like a component too.

Mark Twain wrote:
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:00 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

91parkave wrote:

What kind of music do you listen to? :shock: I put a cheap set of Pioneer 2 ways in the Neon to replace the factory ones that I happened to blow. They by far surpass factory quality. I beat on the aftermarket ones daily and before the car got smashed up, they still worked. However, I'm not gonna go on about how great they were, cause they really weren't. There are far more greater brands. Anyways..

My mom has a 2000 Toyota Avalon that has the factory optional amplified JBL system and by far it sucks as far as quality, front stage and rear fill. My $50 pair of Pioneers performed well better then them. Not to mention it was played loud (by my mom out of all people, a 51 year old :lol:) and they are blown. That says something about factory quality in another sense as well.

I'm not sure what you listen to, or how, but most aftermarket speakers, both low level and high end, will far surpass factory quality anyday.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:26 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

a little bit of everyhting honestly.... my setup is a Kenwood headunit, i have the factory delco 5.25's with audiobahn crossovers and audiobahn tweeters, and audiobahn 3-way 6x9's with 2 audiobahn 12's with a 1500w RMS amp powering them. i love my kenwood headunit it was my best invest so far besides my viper 2-way alwarm :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:11 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

You do realize that amp isn't even putting out 700 watts right? :lol:

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:34 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

uh huh but even 500 watts continiuous to 2 high excursion 12's in a slot vented box does get the job done though :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:30 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

If you were to get out of the "Audiobahn is the shit" mentality, you would find that there is far better equipment out there for the same price. There are plenty of subs out there that provide a better listening experience at 200-300 RMS to your system at ~500-700.

Anyways, enough off topic from me. I'm sure others might chime in.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:51 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

oh no no no im not saying that audiobahn is the shit, its just the best ive had so far....shit i know there are more depths of the audio world i havent hit this is just my opinion. ive heard a complete MB quart setup that made me really want to hit the lotto :twisted: but being a college student and on a budget while raising my kneice that and the numerous other bad luck situations i have, im fortunate enough to be able have a system and still eat so...in the mean time...rock on!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:33 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Pioneer Premier = best in my opinion.

Kenwood Ex = next best

Rockford is descent and so are Bose if you can find some.

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next