It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:29 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Today we tried putting in a CD player in our 1993 Buick LeSabre Custom sedan. The car had the factory AM/FM/Cass in perfect working order. I unplugged the radio (after getting the dash apart etc), and plugged in the new radio ( a Panasonic CD player 4-5 years old that my brother who drives the LeSabre got free from a friend). Got all the right harnesses adaptors etc and plugged the new one in. It had no power at all. I though it was strange, so i got the old radio and plugged it back in. It doesnt light up or play music, but if turned to the on position the power antenna goes up, and the speakers hiss. The clock does not light up.

At the same time the climate controls went nuts. They will not shut off, they do not light up. When the cars ignition is in the "On" position the defogger comes one, as soon as its turned to "run" the defogger goes off and the bi-level (floor vent and dash vents) goes on.

I unplugged the heater motor and replugged it in, that didnt work. I disconnected the battery and re connected it, nothing. Checked the fuses they are ok, and checked the maxi fuse center under the hood, all ok.

Any ideas? If I can't get this thing to work will this be a dealer repair?

1985 Olds Cutlass Ciera Brougham Holiday Coupe

1988 Olds Cutlass Ciera International Series Sedan

OCA #037778
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:28 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

If you bought the harness for the new stereo ( as old stereos have different wires) and just plugged the wires in, without cutting anything, then more than likely you either got the wrong harness, or it was a bad wired harness and if you know anything about wiring (and only if you know ) I would skip the harness, but this may cause you to not be able to put the stock radio if you loose the connections. I also know that the Buick have different connection harnesses by year. For exampe a 93 harness is completely different from a 00 harness.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]