It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:15 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

I'm looking to replace my head unit and speakers. I'd rather keep my current speakers wires, if I can find adapters. I am willing to install new wire though...... I just need to know where to start. My car has 5¼ in the front doors, 4's in the rear doors, and 6x9s in the rear deck. I wanted to install a One DIN In dash dvd player but it intimidates me......Maybe an Alpine head unit instead? All comments wanted and appreciated.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:44 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Are you using componet sets for the speaker replacements? using a amp to power them? Cant say from experience but a one din is in there from the factory, so the fitment should be a huge issue, at most you'd might have to fab up something to hold it in place. also speaker wire wont be a issue you will be fine for the door speaker replacements

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:53 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Sup man long time no see. I'm not sure what type of speaker I will use I guess I was just looking for replacements. I hadn't planned on running a amp. You think I need to? The main issue with finding a dvd player besides hooking it up is finding one short enough to fit.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:02 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Since I'm trying to avoid installing a amp, Should I only replace 4 of my speakers since the cd players I see Wattage is x 4?

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:41 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

im good man, im in iraq now chillin well not chillin but you know, anyway nah the amp wont be needed if youre running a deck that has a internal amp to drive the speakers, as for finding one that fits why not just go with the flip out Alpine style DVD,everything else under the sun combo?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]