It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: New alarm/remote start
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:20 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

Installed a new remote start/alarm system in my Intrigue. Went pretty easy seeing as how I already had an Avital remote start/alarm in the car.

[url=http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16155_Clifford+Matrix+50.7X+-p-n+5702X-.html]Image
Clifford Matrix 50.7x[/url]

Both systems are made by Directed Electronics. A couple harnesses had different pinouts so I just had to de-pin the old harness and put it in the proper spot of the new harness plug.

The range is really good, advertised as 1 mile, although I haven't tried it at a mile....it works whenever and wherever I need it too, and I know that it has started since the remote is 2-way.
The remote is rechargeable (comes with mini usb charger), much better than having to replace batteries. The remote displays the time remaining when it is remotely started, and it will also display the temperature in the car on demand. Display is back-lit with a choice of colors, I chose blue.

Got the system for $210 shipped on Amazon.com
The Clifford Matrix 50.7x is the same as the Viper 5901 and the Python 991. The only difference is the siren and remote design. Cosmetic differences.

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:16 am 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

Sounds nice, I like the 2 way remote so you know for sure it started. I wish I could install something like that on my truck but I have a carb, no fuel injection.

Maybe I could rig up something to bump the throttle so the choke can close before I start it with the remote. :lol:

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:32 am 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

I've seen kits to do just that....in all honesty I could easily wire something up to do that...too bad you don't live closer. :lol:

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:48 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

That reminds me, since you mentioned alarms in your post (I hope you don't mind me posting it here.. It technically is on topic).

I'm the second owner of my Olds, and the elderly woman that owned it before me had a shaker alarm put in at some point, as I'm assuming it wasn't factory. The engine cut-off switch works perfectly fine, but the shaker alarm no longer works. If I could get pictures of how/where it's wired up posted, I'm hoping someone can help me and my father figure out why it's not working. If not, can anyone in the Chicagoland area recommend a place I can take it so it can be fixed? I'd really like a working shaker alarm for when I get my baby fixed up, because I don't want any hoodlums (so to speak) trying to nab it from me..

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]