It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:02 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

Here's my current project, putting these in these. I haven't seen another Intrigue with a projector retrofit done to it.

The HID project started off with putting an 880 HID kit in my stock intrigue fogs. The output was terrible and really did nothing to help with the view on the road (they did blind people though), lesson learned!

I found out about these cool things called "projector" fogs made by Blazer (the OEM manufacturer of many GM fog lights...the stock fogs on the Intrigue were made by Blazer). The Blazer projector fogs were OEM on some corvettes (different mounting brackets of course) and happened to use the same 880 series bulb.

Here is the output of those projector fogs:

My fog lights suddenly out shined my headlights. I needed to change that. I learned my lesson with the fog lights, HID bulbs just don't work in a Halogen reflector. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately?) they do not make projector headlights for the Intrigue.
Every aftermarket projector headlight that I have installed at school has been crap. Halogen output was dangerously dim and HID output was not all that bright. They mostly use the same projectors, you get what you pay for.
So I came upon a site called HIDPlanet.com People were installing projectors inside of their headlights (retrofit), and the output was amazing to say the least (as it should be).

So, without further ado, more pictures....

Lens removed with heat gun, 9006 bulb removed, and bulb shield removed. Hole drilled for projector high beam solenoid.

Projector mounted to headlight reflector.

Wiring for HID ballast.

Gatling shroud trimmed.

Shroud installed.

Head on pics (these were taken before I installed the shrouds):
Both halogen and projector high beam wired to stay on at same time, fogs rewired to stay on with high beam as well.

Output pics:
Projector low beam
Projector low beam + Blazer fog
Projector high beam + Blazer fog + 9005 Halogen high beam

Working on putting amber lumiLEDs in place of side marker before I put lens back on. Can't wait.

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:58 pm 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

Looks pretty bright... when you said Projector I thougt maybe you were going to project movies onto the side of a building with your car... It'd probably work on your fence too!

That'd be kinda cool huh? your own personal mobile drive in theatre :lol:

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:18 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Hey nice car! I have the same car and was wondering where you got your HID kit and projectors. I clicked on the hotlink at the top, but the site told me that the product was no longer available. Did you order those caps for the back of the headlight bezel special too?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:11 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/produc ... cts_id=227

Morimoto Mini H1 Projectors. Any other projector is too big for our headlights, would require cutting the headlight up...

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/produc ... cts_id=243

Blazer fog lights.

The caps are stock. I just drilled a 1" hole in the stock caps, and put the grommet from the HID kit in place.

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:25 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Thanks for the help Brando. BTW, your car looks sweet with those projectors! I even have the same color as yours.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:30 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Hi I like your're retrofit I have a Alero gls and made retrofit all ready but how did you connect hi beam and low beam to fire at same time because my monimoto projector are bexenon but when I hit hi beams low beams are of and like you're mod also for fog lights can you make a diagram or so thank you

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:11 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

I just used a relay under the steering column to keep the lowbeams on with highs, right at the switch. What year is your Alero GLS? I can take a look at the wiring.
To keep the fog lights on with the highs, I just bent over one of the fog light relay pins and soldered it up to another pin. Might be different for the alero...

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:19 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

its a 2000 did you have a diagram or something like that to know what pin to connect to another and don't make a mess hahahaha also which pin didi you ben over and what number did you connect?
thank you

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:40 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Hi, I have a 2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue and I would like to do a retrofit. I have bought the projectors, but they are Bi-xenon. Do you know how to get the solenoid to flip and the low beams, high beam still works together. Pretty much I am just asking, When I flip my high beams, I would like for my high beams to come on and have the solenoid flip, basically have a dual high beam.... :?:

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]