It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: NEW 6" door speakers
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 11:58 pm 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

I just got finished building my new speaker pods for my doors. I bought some speakers at an unbeleiveable price from a discount industrial store.

They were 6" infinity RS600 or something, and they were 8.99 (canadian) each.... I couldnt pass them up, they looked like sweet speakers. I built some MDF panels to adapt them to my door panel, and decided to spice them up a little bit by getting my brother to draw flames comeing out the back... I cut them out and painted them, and they look sooo sweet! Anyways, Pictures of the coming very soon...

Also, I finished covering my previously bare MDF stereo install in my trunk, and I used the most interesting material I've ever seen used for trunk... You'll have to wait and see it when I post the pictures, it looks soooo sweet, I couldnt quite get over how nice it all looked after I covered it.

Anyways, pictures very soon.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/88delta88
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 12:35 am 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

Sounds cool man!
I've decided to mount my woofers in my doors, and my tweeters in the door a-pod (thing near the a-pillars). Just takes up too much damn foot space...my left foot is cramped up right next to the brake pedal and it just ain't gonna work out. I'll still be glassing though, the a-pods I'm gonna have to do a little glassing...but it should be a lot easier than kick pods. And the woofers I'm going to be pretty doing the same thing you did, making an MDF panel to mount them in the big hole...
Did you mount them behind the carpet? Because when I took the door panel off once, there was like in the rear deck, the panel was perforated for speakers to allow sound to travel through it...so I'm going to try and make them stealth...soon :lol:

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 8:51 am 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

Ok pics are up of the new SPEAKER PODS and my new TRUNK LINER. Also, I put in a new AIR HORN!!! Its so loud, and sweet. :-) Check out my album for some pictures!!!

Please give me feedback on my "experiments" :-)

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:10 am 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

QUESTION: Do I need to protect the back of the speakers in the doors from water? My rubber window weatherstripping is in very good condition, but I assume there is no way to keep all the water out of the door.
How would one go about water protecting the back of the speakers?

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:55 am 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

88delta88 wrote:
QUESTION: Do I need to protect the back of the speakers in the doors from water? My rubber window weatherstripping is in very good condition, but I assume there is no way to keep all the water out of the door.
How would one go about water protecting the back of the speakers?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-S2cmAg8N1H ... =N&search=

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:44 am 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

cool, does that affect the speaker's frequency response at all, creating a bit of a baffle behind the speaker? I think i've actually seen similar things at a store in town here. Seem to be cheap enough, I'll try some out.

Profile Personal album  

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]