It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 12:00 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

I gave up on my gf's car. GM can suck my left one. I found a way to run the power wire on my gf's cutty, but I did not have teh cajones to cut through this rubber thing. I wanted a second opinion. I drove out to Mark's house today. Waiting until 4:15 pm in Chicagoland rush hour makes an hour-long trip into one that is almost two hours.

I got sum White Castle before I went. By the time I got there (remember, LONG drive), I had to use the little boy's room sooooooo bad!!! Right after I got off the interstate I raided the local Toys 'R' Us' bathroom!!! Wow that felt so good!!! I think I started to cry cuz it hurt so bad. I probably looked like a moron the way I walked in there!!!

So I arrive. We ended up using a long screwdriver to punch this huge rubber grommet out. After pulling out panels and moving insulation under the driver's side dash, we finally got the 4 gauge welding cable (black neoprene special :) ) through!!! I was so happy!!!

Next was the battery. Again, GM is dumb. The battery is buried under the windshield washer resivoir with a metal bar on top of all of that. I removed the 3 bolts on teh bar. There was only one of three bolts holding the resivoir down. I had the battery replaced at Walmart back in Auguts cuz I did not feel like removing all this crap then. Well the idiots broke the plastic tip on the washer pump. This tip goes into the black rubber hose that leads to the sprayers in the wipers. The tip is inside the hose. IDIOTS!!! Oh well....

I got the two stock side post bolts out. We ran a 6" run of 4 gauge from the negative termirnal to the stock grounding point. Also installed were a pair of side post mount terminals. I used some copper terminals to connect the power/ground cables to the terminals. Mark ran the wire to the trunk while I was doing all of that and connecting the fuse holder.

I already had the head unit installed (took a long time to figure out that I needed to hide the wiring harnesses and wires UNDER the head unit so that it would all fit in the available dash area. The CDT coaxials were in the slightly modified stock locations in the dash. The remote, speaker, and RCAs were run like a week or two ago.

All that is left is creating a ground in the trunk, connecting terminals to all the wires, hooking it all up to the amp, installing the fuse, and connecting the RCAs!!!

Thanks again and again and again to Mark (spkrman)!!!

Tomorrow I shall be bumping with my girlfriend's car! Too bad she can't enjoy it cuz she's out in New Mexico :D Oh well. I also plan on starting and hopefully also finishing a 2.5 cube box tuned to 30hz with 36" of port for the Premier sub ;)

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/deaf_pride
(No updated pix as my gf has the camera :( )

Tempe

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]