It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: System Installation
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:33 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

Well...I didn't like what I did before with the installation of the amplifiers and subwoofer...so I decided to redo it, since I am going to be upgrading the speaker wire I would have needed to tear it apart any way so I thought why not redo the whole thing. Before I had the amplifier for the subwoofer mounted on a board vertically and the front speaker amplifer behind that one...the board covered the entire back of the trunk. Now I decided to go horizontal. 8)
I'm still working on it...so no pics yet, but so far I have the subwoofer box on the right of the trunk, and to the left of it...the amplifier rack. The amp rack has the front speakers amplifier hidden inside, as there is a board on top where the subwoofer amplifier will mount. I am going to make the piece of wood that subwoofer amplifier is mounted to be a door, so I can still access that amp. I'll probably put a neon in there too or maybe just some blue LEDs, I'll save the neon for being the main trunk light (red). So far I got the amp rack pretty much done. I still need to put hinges, I was thinking a latch to keep the door closed too...but the amplifier should be plenty of weight to keep it closed. That's about it for now....I'll take pics tomorrow...

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:23 am 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

sounds cool man... I love trying to figure out how I will do an installation... So many possibilities and its only limited by your imagination.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/88delta88
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:26 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

Here it is, still needs to be carpeted and some lights...possibly some fans:

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:35 am 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

sweet job man!! I love the hinged door, holding the other amp! Carpet will make it look awesome. Nice lookin wires too!!!

I think you might need snails definately for the amp inside though... Unless that one doesnt get hot. Looks great!!! You can get nice grilles for the outside of the box for fans, it would make it look even cooler (literally).

http://www.cardomain.com/id/88delta88
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:35 pm 
TOC Mechanic
TOC Mechanic

:shock: are those fuses I see at the BACK of the car, awya from the battery?

Shame, shame Brando.... :P

I'm doing some revamping on my system as well, swapping 2 amps out, and possibly building a console up front to house the crossover, DS VU, bass driver, and parametric EQ, and leaving the amps in the rear. Going to another Kenwood amp for the rears, and a new amp for the subs, since my Pioneer 760 isn't doing the job, even after some severe tweaking. I'm going up to a larger offbrand amp, which despite not being "brand name", still looks to be a quality built amp, with a MUCH bigger board and a better layout inside. I have to redo my amp rack since this amp is about twice the size of my current Pioneer....27 inches long, to be exact...

FARENEIT SERIES FEATURES
Q2-1800 Power Acoustik 2 channel bridgeable amplifier

MOSFET Pulse Width Modulated Power Supply
Fully Variable Hi/Lo Pass Crossovers
Variable Bass Boost
3 Way Protection
System Distress Indicator
Hi/Lo Levels Inputs
4G Power/Ground Connections
2 Ohm Stereo Stable
Soft Turn on/Off Circuit
Discrete Wire Connections
Soft Turn-On/Off circuit eliminates the annoying "pop." on power up or power down
Gold Plated RCA connectors for minimized line-loss, resistance and corrosion resistance.
Variable Gain Control.
Multi-Mode Bridgeable channels offer wide choice of output configurations and possibilities.
S/N RATIO: 97dB
THD = .02%
10-30K HZ
400x2 RMS into a 2 ohm load
960x1 RMS into a 4 ohm load
1800 watts peak into a 4 ohm load

This will work perfectly as a 4 ohm load amp, since my 15's are wired series/parallel to give them a 4 ohm load. Should prove to be mighty interesting :P

69 Olds Cutlass S
70 Olds Vista Cruiser Wagon
72 Olds Cutlass S, 12:1 470 stroker, JM40 solid lifter cam, TH400, 3500 10" PTC stall, 4.11 posi
74 442 455/TH350
79 Cutlass 455/TH375 sleeper
'97 GMC Sierra Ext Cab 9" lift w/ 37's
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:16 am 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

strokercutlass wrote:
:shock: are those fuses I see at the BACK of the car, awya from the battery?

Shame, shame Brando.... :P

I'm doing some revamping on my system as well, swapping 2 amps out, and possibly building a console up front to house the crossover, DS VU, bass driver, and parametric EQ, and leaving the amps in the rear. Going to another Kenwood amp for the rears, and a new amp for the subs, since my Pioneer 760 isn't doing the job, even after some severe tweaking. I'm going up to a larger offbrand amp, which despite not being "brand name", still looks to be a quality built amp, with a MUCH bigger board and a better layout inside. I have to redo my amp rack since this amp is about twice the size of my current Pioneer....27 inches long, to be exact...

FARENEIT SERIES FEATURES
Q2-1800 Power Acoustik 2 channel bridgeable amplifier

MOSFET Pulse Width Modulated Power Supply
Fully Variable Hi/Lo Pass Crossovers
Variable Bass Boost
3 Way Protection
System Distress Indicator
Hi/Lo Levels Inputs
4G Power/Ground Connections
2 Ohm Stereo Stable
Soft Turn on/Off Circuit
Discrete Wire Connections
Soft Turn-On/Off circuit eliminates the annoying "pop." on power up or power down
Gold Plated RCA connectors for minimized line-loss, resistance and corrosion resistance.
Variable Gain Control.
Multi-Mode Bridgeable channels offer wide choice of output configurations and possibilities.
S/N RATIO: 97dB
THD = .02%
10-30K HZ
400x2 RMS into a 2 ohm load
960x1 RMS into a 4 ohm load
1800 watts peak into a 4 ohm load

This will work perfectly as a 4 ohm load amp, since my 15's are wired series/parallel to give them a 4 ohm load. Should prove to be mighty interesting :P

First of all, those are not fuses, that is the ground (-) and power (+) distribution block (although the power distribution block has two 50 amp fuses, for each amplifier), the 100 amp ANL fuse is 12 inches away from the battery...I made sure of that :D

And I see the amplifier you're getting....same brand as mine actually, Power Acoustik and Kole Audio are twin companies. So I think you'll like that amp. Have fun! I know I am... 8)
Gonna have a friend over next week....I might put him to work... :lol:
He was complaining to me saying he didn't have anything like working on a car to do over the summer so I thought I'd invite him over... :twisted:

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:59 pm 
TOC Mechanic
TOC Mechanic

Sounds great, Brando....after looking a little closer, I can see now that they're dist. blocks. Just had to give ya a little shit....hehehe

As far as the amp, I hope it works well...can't be any worse than the Pioneer 760, and at least looks more impressive...LOL Now, just finding the TIME to install it....ugh...

69 Olds Cutlass S
70 Olds Vista Cruiser Wagon
72 Olds Cutlass S, 12:1 470 stroker, JM40 solid lifter cam, TH400, 3500 10" PTC stall, 4.11 posi
74 442 455/TH350
79 Cutlass 455/TH375 sleeper
'97 GMC Sierra Ext Cab 9" lift w/ 37's
 Profile Personal album  

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]