It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:29 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Aight, i know i keep slappin these questions on here, but im really lookin for some more bass, i got one of my 12 inch type R's hooked up, with a pioneer 760 amp....both of them hooked up didnt sound rite at all for some reason, dont know if i hooked it up wron gor what but i got one hooked up, seems to beat perty hard...but it seems very mild, really need to get more sound in there, im taking any suggestions i can get...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:46 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

You seem like a real bass head... :rock:
So I'll give it to ya straight, those Apline Type Rs are pretty efficient, my buddy had one 10" Alpine Type R hooked up to my Scosche 300 watt RMS amp, and it hit really good. Now, 2-12" Alpine R's off of one 760 amp PEAK (380 Watts RMS). 380 Watts RMS to two 12" Alpine Type R's just isn't going to cut it, and if you turned the gain all the way you would have been clipping the subwoofers (square signal instead of sine waves) and it definately wouldn't have sounded right either way. My suggestion is to get a bigger amplifier. Bass can get past metal barriers no problem (unless it's one of the mercedes that has a very thick steel barrier inbetween).
What is the ohm configuration for your subs? Dual 2 ohm Voice Coil or Dual 4 ohm Voice Coil? Either version would work well with a 2 channel or mono amplifier. Hope that helped...those subs can produce good bass, they just need some good amplification (don't cut up your car)! :yes:

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]