It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:13 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

today i installed a 15" speaker in my car...it was out of my 500 watt Crate Amplifier(bass amp if u were wondering)the amp is kaput but the speaker works great :twisted: and it is loud as hell.. i remember playing in bars with this thing and half the time i over powered the guitars with ease. anyway as i was saying..i didnt hook it up to an amp or anything i just linked it to my 6x9's and i must say that i am very pleased with the way it sounds. the pioneer deh-1600 works pretty well and the settings i can use are user friendly. there is one function called FIE(cant remember what it stands for) basically it allows more bass or low end frequencies at the rear while keeping the high end at the front. i can set it at 100,160, and 250 and it sounds amazing and just to add to the low tones i left the speaker in its 2 foot x 2 foot x 1.5 foot box and it just fits in the trunk.
i never really thought that a speaker from a guitar amplifier would sound good in the trunk of my car and it sounds awesome with the double-kick from the drums of Slipknot or System of A Down. :D this was just an experiment and i do plan on setting up the real proper equipment for the job but for now im just gonna have some fun.

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:02 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

That's cool, what's the ohm rating on that? Probably 8 ohm I am guessing...

What's your budget for a system?
Are you using your stock head unit?
So you listen mainly to rock, correct?
Let me know these things and we can look at some good deals.

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:22 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

im using a pioneer deh-1600. my budget is around 500 CDN,yes i listen mainly rock(dance,rave crap when the wifie is in the car)so have u ever hear of anyone using the speaker setup that i have? or similar?

oh! the ohm rating on that 15 i believe is a 4. it originally came out of a cabinet with two 15's with a head at 600 watts. not sure what i love more..powerful musical equipment or a powerful car.. :twisted: ....etherway more power is good.

Tim "the toolman" Talyor would be proud. :D

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:05 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

Here's my recommendation:
For subwoofer: http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/1521
To power it: http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/1506
To supply power: http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/1064

I remember you saying you wanted to keep it Pioneer, well that subwoofer right there is one of Pioneer's best. Gets pretty loud. The Hifonics amplifier is used by many (88CieraSC has the same amp) and they provide the power rated. 700 Watts RMS @ 2 Ohm to a 750 Watts RMS 2 ohm (when wired in parallel) Subwoofer. The wiring kit, Lightning Audio, is some great stuff at a cheap price. It includes the Interconnects also, twisted, for no interference. I'm not sure how much all that is in Canadian....but I know IkeSound does ship to Canada.

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]