It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:56 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

about 40 miles outside rainy, cold london!

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:51 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

New Jersey...Jackson to be specific.

Oldsmobile420, I went to school about 30 miles east of Harrisburg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:35 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

NorthWest of Turkey... Istanbul (the city that once upon a time driven by lots of american cars but now ... some really interesting classics are here but they are not using it because of their taxes and gas prices.. the taxex for cars are here like that you pay depending on the cubic inch of your engine ...the year of the cars is in the second concern.. so you pay a lot of bucks for 350 and over no matter how old the car it is :(

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:44 am 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

Oldsman83, thats very interesting.

I never knew how much differently they treated vehicles over there. Is there any way to fool them, or do the cars have to pass inspection?

http://www.cardomain.com/id/88delta88
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:15 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

one way is to pay less is the way that you can cheat on vehicles licence like if it belongs to 4000cc or above you can show it in 2500cc or 3000 category if you are lucky....
the people that makes inspection in inspections offices usually does not notice because they are not paying important attention to their jobs...
and the main reason behind this tax system is to force the people to buy local native made cars... because their engine is usually starting from 1200cc-1400cc so you pay very little tax for them because of their engine size.... as a result local car industry makes a lot bucks... and also the reason that government keeps gas prices high is the same... so people are somehow forced to buy cars with minimum power... when you buy at least 1600cc car you suddenly change in category and you pay much more for tax than 1400cc...so you can guess the results..

for example offical and non-offical Chrysler services in our country is closing in very near..because people are not using these cars day by day and want to give out becuase of their taxes....
another ironic example is that do you know that one Dodge Daytona 440 (in very clean and original condition)is sitting in some local village? :confused: you know how rare they are in world... so who wanna keep and run it when the taxes are like that... you have to be very rich in our country to keep a car like Daytona..

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:07 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

St Charles MO
1) first state capitol of Missouri
2) start of the Lewis and Clark expedition
3) final home of Daniel Boone (Defiance MO)
just outside of St Louis, THE beer city of the US

81 Cutlass Calais 260/350 (purchased Nov 04)
never thought I'd say "I miss the power of a 307"
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:56 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

I'm from Southwest Virginia...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:11 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

I'm from good old snowy and cold Minnesota. Last week 50 degrees and now 15 and 10 inches of snow. Had my 71 out last week to see the sun and now it back under it's blanket waiting for more nice weather.

You have to love March in Minnesota!

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:55 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

SOUTH WEST SIDE OF SHI-TOWN!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:08 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

"Wackyshaw Wistexan" (Waukesha Wisconsin) Formerly from Austin Texas...!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:53 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

oldsman83 wrote:
one way is to pay less is the way that you can cheat on vehicles licence like if it belongs to 4000cc or above you can show it in 2500cc or 3000 category if you are lucky....
the people that makes inspection in inspections offices usually does not notice because they are not paying important attention to their jobs...
and the main reason behind this tax system is to force the people to buy local native made cars... because their engine is usually starting from 1200cc-1400cc so you pay very little tax for them because of their engine size.... as a result local car industry makes a lot bucks... and also the reason that government keeps gas prices high is the same... so people are somehow forced to buy cars with minimum power... when you buy at least 1600cc car you suddenly change in category and you pay much more for tax than 1400cc...so you can guess the results..

for example offical and non-offical Chrysler services in our country is closing in very near..because people are not using these cars day by day and want to give out becuase of their taxes....
another ironic example is that do you know that one Dodge Daytona 440 (in very clean and original condition)is sitting in some local village? :confused: you know how rare they are in world... so who wanna keep and run it when the taxes are like that... you have to be very rich in our country to keep a car like Daytona..

Here in the Netherlands we have something like that too. only our taxes are based upon weight of the car, not cubic inches. also, the sort of fuel determines the category of the tax. we pay road taxes and there is a tax on the gas. gasprices are ridiculous high here compared to US prices. when a car reaches the age of 25 it doesn't have to pay roadtaxes anymore. the taxes are used for the improving and maintaining the roads and free/highways...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:26 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Highway_star wrote:
oldsman83 wrote:

Here in the Netherlands we have something like that too. only our taxes are based upon weight of the car, not cubic inches. also, the sort of fuel determines the category of the tax. we pay road taxes and there is a tax on the gas. gasprices are ridiculous high here compared to US prices. when a car reaches the age of 25 it doesn't have to pay roadtaxes anymore. the taxes are used for the improving and maintaining the roads and free/highways...

then you are lucky because our taxes are going to government peoples pocket 8-) briefly they are just so-called taxes... also we dont have serious emission rules.... some police also like american cars and they show respect when they see neat clean one but few police wants to pull over you and try to ban your car if your exhaust seems loud or if you have big drag radials on for street... i am not the one with that loud exhaust and drag radials with my delta :lol: but there are some american car lovers here cruising with that kind of stuff(oldies)
i wonder in holland or america are you allowed to use loud exhaust or drag radials in street??

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:29 am 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

Most places in Canada, and the US have noise restrictions in effect after a certain time at night, but for the most part, people put whatever mufflers will pass a safety inspection (some places emmision inspection too) on thier cars regardless of the noise level.

I think drag radials are more of an issue in certain places here than others, but here, as long as the tire has street tread on it, and 10" wide or under, its good to go.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/88delta88
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:27 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

oldsman83 wrote:
Highway_star wrote:
oldsman83 wrote:

then you are lucky because our taxes are going to government peoples pocket 8-) briefly they are just so-called taxes... also we dont have serious emission rules.... some police also like american cars and they show respect when they see neat clean one but few police wants to pull over you and try to ban your car if your exhaust seems loud or if you have big drag radials on for street... i am not the one with that loud exhaust and drag radials with my delta :lol: but there are some american car lovers here cruising with that kind of stuff(oldies)
i wonder in holland or america are you allowed to use loud exhaust or drag radials in street??

not sure about the drag radials, but i know sound is no problem at a safety inspection. its the cops that give u a hard time. weird huh? the only thing they check at safety inspection concerning the exhaust is that it is leak free... i am not sure, but there is a maximum noise level a car may have here. i believe it is around 90 dB. but, i never been pulled over,( or anyone i know, drivin an american car) over the exhaust. cops do like American cars, but they are somewhat rare here, and there are different laws for them depending on age. since they don't roam the streets much, the cops don't know exactly what is and isn't allowed with these cars. :D