It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Question!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:03 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

I've posted that I found doors for my Olds (and I did), but I never ordered them. The reasons being that, A) It's extremely expensive ($100/door * 4 doors = $400), B) Shipping is extremely expensive ($300), C) Very time-consuming and hard labor. All in all, it'd be about $700 plus any invested time in replacing the doors.

So, I was wondering if there was somewhere out there that I could purchase a portion of the door? My boyfriend's father did this for his '69 Firebird (which is in higher demand), and I was hoping that someone may carry lower panels for a Delta 88 that can be welded in after the old steel was cut out.

If anyone knows of a place, please share? I'd really like to fix up the doors.. They're getting rotted through, and it's making me a little sad. I even stopped driving it in precipitation. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Question!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:17 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

get a good panel beater some of em good at welding jobs to. did your car have that big lining of crome at the bottom it can cover up huge rust areas. not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing :D

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: Question!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:22 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Yep, chrome (I should've gone out and looked in the first place. My Mom's didn't have it, so I assumed mine didn't, either. I was wrong). My boyfriend is an amazing welder, and so is our friend Tom (who actually is a welder for a living), and Nick (boyfriend) offered to help me out with the doors if we can find the panels. So if anyone knows of a place, I'll be very grateful.

I also really want the car to actually be in good condition, and not just appear to be in good condition. It's something that I really want to put work into, and make it something I can be proud of.

EDIT:

I just learned that I need rear filler panels, or I will at some point in the not-so-distant future. They're beginning to crack on the ends. Any ideas where I can find those, too? My Dad's not quite sure where to get them, and he's the one in our family with all of the automotive knowledge. I thought I'd ask here before I try with the AARA, in case anyone knows of a place where they reproduce them. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]