It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:23 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Okay, so i have been busy at school, and my cars transmission has basically quit on me, and it is parked at my mothers house in Portland. Im hopefully going back on Memorial day weekend to get a transmission from a junk yard, and replace my bum one.

I need some sort of an answer to my question above which was:

What years/ models are going to be compatable with my current automatic transmission in my 1994 oldsmobile eighty eight?

Im not going to have time to pull a transmission at the junk yard, then go home to find out it doesnt fit in my car. I will try to find a car that is the same year/ model, but in all reality that may not happen.

Also, does anyone have any tips for removing/ installing the transmission? Replacing gaskets or anything else?

Im basically going to open my hood, disconnect everything from it, unbolt it, remove it, and throw the new one in (as if there is any other way :D )

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:18 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Okay, so after visiting the automotiveforums.com i found the answer to my problem. THey are very helpful over there when it comes to matinance. My transmission fluid filter was clogged, i didnt even have to swap my tranny.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:34 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

VW GUY wrote:
........ visiting the automotiveforums.com i found the answer to my problem ........

Same advice you got in post #8 of this thread: http://www.oldsconnection.com/forum/vie ... 4913#24913

andrewk wrote:
........ I would drive it as little as possible until you get the transmission fluid and filter changed ........

You probably missed it, because it answered a question you did not ask.

Norm

Profile Personal album  

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2