It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: I see Green pee.....
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:29 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

From the Toronado! :(

Seeming as I have been chasing a very small leak for awhile now, I think I may have located it!

On our way home tonight from town, I kept smelling coolant. I just refilled the reservior yesterday as well as topping off the radiator. I figured I didn't get the cap fully seated, no biggie since it's not running any warmer than normal... 8-)

I shut it off after pulling in the driveway and in walking around the car to get my son out of his seat, I noticed antifreeze on the front bumper (yes, in front, not under the hood) I then noticed a rapidly growing puddle under the front of the car. Once the kids were in the house, I went back out and popped the hood. In doing so I got a face full of uber stinky steam! (in addition to the wisps coming out while the hood was down) :shock:

What I found was the seam to the right side tank had split!
:angry:
Oh well, I got nothing but time since I am unemployed and receiving disability checks from workers comp....

I'll get'r'done in the next day or two if my local parts houses have a rad in stock. Maybe I will do a write up too.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]