It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:18 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Been a while since I lasted posted up, the long story short is that I got the Land Cruiser virus, bad; and ended up becoming to total Toyota nut, sold my Olds, and moved on.
But my girlfriend has a 1992 Cutlass Ciera that just lost its battery earlier today (very old, very rotten battery) Anyway, I threw a new battery in, but now the tachometer doesn't work, it just hangs limp past maxed-out all the time. Considering the car's got a slushbox, and not a real transmission, the tach's about as useful as teats on a boar hog, but I would still like to return the car to her in the same condition it was in before the battery job.

Where should I look to find the source for the tach on this thing?
What can make it die, other than, just a dead tach, which strikes me as odd that the tach and battery would die on the same day.
I'm pretty much adrift on anything that doesn't have an iginiton coil and Aisin carburetor on it, so assistance from folks who are familiar with the geography would be very much appreciated.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]