It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:03 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Hi everyone,

I live in The Netherlands and for a few months I drive a 1986 Oldsmobile Toronado now.
It is a very nice car to drive. There is only one problem: The electronic comfort control (ECC) is not working very good.
Every ride I get several times an error "electrical problem" and the temperature goes to 75 degrees fahrenheit and I can not control the ECC unit anymore and after a while the controls work again (mostly after I smash the dash on top). I have checked all connections but I can't find anything wrong.

I am looking for a solution for this problem or another ECC panel but I can't find it on the internet. Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:12 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Hello fellow Toronado owner!

Your Toronado has a built in self diagnostic system that works via the digital dashboard. This link: http://www.csciltd.com/gen_iv/ent_diag.htm explains how to work the system. Once you have the codes you can look up the problem online or buy a factory service manual (check eBay).

Although this looks complicated, once you try it this is easy to use. The car walks you though each step of the process. It is actually like playing an old video game.

Good luck!

1985 Olds Cutlass Ciera Brougham Holiday Coupe

1988 Olds Cutlass Ciera International Series Sedan

OCA #037778
 Profile Personal album  

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]