It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:10 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Hello All,

I am new here and I need help with changing out my Ignition Coil and finding the relay for the power antenna motor because it is bad and will not shut off and will drain my battery after a few days of being parked.

My vehicle has been sitting for a few years and I have finally gotten around to wanting to fix it up and maybe sell it to a family in need, but I do not want to sell anyone something that isn't reliable. When I was a kid, my Mom went through lemon, after lemon and it was horrible for us as a family. And so I would never want to be responsible for imposing that same type of grief on anyone else.

That said, I have narrowed my starting problem down to the Ignition Pack, and I have a new one in hand, but here is the problem.

The new ignition pack is numbered as it should be, and so does the old ignition pack. However, someone, most likely a mechanic who had worked on my vehicle in the past, wrote numbers of a different sequence on the top of the pack.

Since the numbers inscribed on each of these Ignition Packs, differ from the ones a mechanic hand wrote, I am wanting to find out the true firing sequence of the Motor, and need to find a diagram which will tell me exactly what spark plug wire should be connected to exactly what Ignition Pack post.

And so if anyone has a link to a good firing sequence diagram, I would greatly appreciate it as I have searched and it is near impossible to find one.

Also, prior to this vehicle becoming less used and stored, it developed a problem with the Power antenna motor. For some reason it would not shut off with the car itself being turned off, and the motor to the power antenna would continue to run. Thus draining the battery within says of being parked.

At the time, I was unfamiliar with Relays and Fuses, and so I simply unplugged the Antenna Motor located in the Trunk next to where the Antenna resides, but that only eliminated the noise. It became apparent that the electrical current that was being sent to the Antenna was continuing to flow, and will still drain the battery.

If anyone knows which relay, or know of a good online diagram explaining how to track down which relay I should replace, that would be excellent.

Once these two tasks are completed, I should be able to detail the hell out of this vehicle and find a nice home for it.

Best regards,

Kurt

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]