It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Rear Ball Joints...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:42 am 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

I replaced my rear ball joints on the weekend. That was interesting. I have never seen a car with a rear suspention quite like my 88 delta. Sure made a difference in the handling though, I didnt realise how bad the back end swayed and how much bump noise it made until I replaced them.

Thank god for hydraulic presses... I would have never gotten them out without it. I removed the whole A-frame and pressed the joint out and the new one back in... Tense moments when you watch the a-frame flexing in the press! All is well in the end :-)

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:06 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

hey i'm now a member

wow, i have never even had my balljoint separated from the knuckle on my car, and i have 267,000 miles on mine, and i have never even heard of them going bad (and i have alot of H-body customers at my shop) glad i have a portable balljoint press so i wouldn't have to take the A-arm off. were they lubed at every oil change?

"When they kick at your front door, how you gonna come, with your hands on your head, or on the trigger of your gun?" The Clash
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:16 am 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

Judging by the amount of dirt buildup, when I first discovered the ball joints, I dont think they were greased very often. I found the ball joints a couple months after I bought the car, and they took a lot of grease! But they were still shot. Thats ok, it only cost me about 65 bucks to do. Made a big difference! I truly didnt have a clue they were bad from driving the car. But after the change, it was unbeleiveable!

Profile Personal album  

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]