It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Is IT Possible?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:17 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Hey guys, I'm new here and I just wanted to know if anybody here with a G?A body car ever think about fitting an 4.0 Aurora engine in there and if soHow hard do you think it would be? because I saw these guys that had a 2000 Northstar engine in a 1932 ^ord and I was thinking why not try to put a newer Olds engine I.E the Aurora engine in a G-body or A-body car?
That would turn a lot of heads don't you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:26 am 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

With enough money and fabrication, anything is possible. I know little about the new stuff, I know that it would require a computer system of some sort, probably from the donor car. I dont know what the bellhousing bolt pattern would be like, nor how the motor mounts would work since the 4.0 is a transverse mount engine. If transplanting to a RWD car, this could be an issue... If you used the supercharged aurora engine, that could be really neat, but I dont know if it would be a decent performance mill. By A body, I am assuming you mean the FWD stuff or are you talking the older A-bodies? This might be an interesting thread...

Andrew

Mark Twain wrote:
A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:49 am 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

Sounds like an in-depth project to me... But sounds like a good one, if you got the resources!!!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/88delta88
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:19 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

very doable...especially if you can get the drivetrain computers and harness's from a new CTS-V which has the SC and intercooled N* engine with the manual trans already setup for RWD....

but remember you would practically need everything from the CTS-V
hope you find one that has been totaled in the rearend...and even then figure on spending over 10 grand for that...then parts/labor to install and wire the G/A body RWD car with all the necessary computers and wiring...

it would be a bitch...but it can be done...
anything is possible with a plasma cutter and a welder and some good old Redneck engineering...

here is a link to a N* swapped Monte carlo FWD
http://www.mymonte.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=10729

13.81 @ over 98 MPH! consistent 1.9s 60'!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:40 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

I was very much temped to put a Cadillac northstar engine into my Olds when I started my rebuild. I know a place where I can get the engines pretty cheap. When doing some research on this I found a company that deals with these engines that makes a lot of custom parts them as well such as: headers, manifolds, cams, ignition systems, transmissions, etc. But I ended up big-blocking my Olds instead, but I would like to try one of these in my next build.

Here is the link to the company I mentioned above.
http://www.chrfab.com/

I hope this helpful.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]