It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 2 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Go Fast parts
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:46 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

ahondadriversnightmare wrote:
........ I think there is some subtantial evidence in this post ........

Where is it. Do you see the results of a drug test? If you see any evidence, do not refer to it, point it out.

........ doesn't a early eightys 307 have like 110-120HP? ........

Yes. High HP was never the goal of the 307.

........ As for glue sniffing I'm not sure but it cant be good for you! ........

Another statement no one will argue. How does it show GraveReaper0 is on glue?

........ Why cant ppl just except the fact that they know nothing of what they are talking about ........

Any examples?

........ Im willing to admit im wrong...when im wrong! ........

We can start with this:
???..Your on glue! ........

GraveReaper0 wrote:
3800s are nice but if you want actual fast fast you gotta go with a V8, and a car that can hold a V8, like a BIG BLOCK 455!!!!
This is a "ricer" attitude kind of comment. Only in a V8, Beer drinkin, Deer shootin kinda way!

Ricer attitude? How would you define the attitude you showed in your first post?

You seem to have read a lot more into his statement, than is actually there. Or is there more in it, than he actually wrote?

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:55 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

88 Coupe wrote:
GraveReaper0 wrote:
3800s are nice but if you want actual fast fast you gotta go with a V8, and a car that can hold a V8, like a BIG BLOCK 455! ........

........ Since when does it need to b a V8..a 455 at that...to go fast ........

Depends on ones definition of "fast", and the method one chooses to get there.

........ weight is a big issue for quickness ........

Not the first time this statement has been made on this site. The response has been, "I doubt you will find anyone who will argue with that".

........ a heavy ass 455 in a mid-60's to 80's tank is quick but not that quick ........

An example, or two, would go a long way toward explaining WTF you are talking about.

........ the last time read up on it the "Muscle Car Era" is kinda done ........

You are a little late. It peaked in 1970, and ended in 1974. But, was anyone talking muscle cars?

........ why would somebody spend thousands of dollars on engine mods to make it burn more fuel? ........

Because it would be somebody's own car and money.

........ If I want fast ill buy a really quick European car like a Lotus ........

How fast is your Lotus, how fast is fast, how much money is involved, and what does a Lotus have to do with this thread?

........ those little 4 bangers as well as the V6 European cars. Those cars are fast!! ........

And, your point?

........ Having the ability to make 300+ HP out of the box without mods and would wipe the road with any moderately old 350 V8 regardless of what car is sporting it .........

Examples?

........ Mate that European car with a 6Spd trans would be even better .......

In the context of this thread, How would 6 speeds be better than 4 or 5?

........ why they stopped making V8's in every single car and kept them limited to cars that deserve one ........

V8s in every single car? When did that happen?

........ Fuel economy is important when it becomes an investment ........

How does fuel economy relate to any investment?

For that matter, how does an "investment" have anything with the subject?

Yup!.. !!:D!! That's why everyone is entitled to their own opinion

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:21 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

GraveReaper0 wrote:
3800s are nice but if you want actual fast fast you gotta go with a V8, and a car that can hold a V8, like a BIG BLOCK 455!!!!
This is a "ricer" attitude kind of comment. Only in a V8, Beer drinkin, Deer shootin kinda way!

Ricer attitude? How would you define the attitude you showed in your first post?

Strongly opinionated! :wink:

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:36 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

........ Yup!.. !!:D!! That's why everyone is entitled to their own opinion

........ Strongly opinionated!

So, in the "ricer" tradition, you have opinions, but only until it comes time to discuss your own bogus statements.

Would it help if I brought them up one at a time?

88 Coupe wrote:

Interesting statement. Any evidence to back it up?

Where is it. Do you see the results of a drug test? If you see any evidence, do not refer to it, point it out ........

Your opinion? Based on what?

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:53 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

88 Coupe wrote:
........ Strongly opinionated!

So, in the "ricer" tradition, you have opinions, until it comes time to discuss your own bogus statements.

Would it help if I brought them up, one at a time?

88 Coupe wrote:

Where is it. Do you see the results of a drug test? If you see any evidence, do not refer to it, point it out ........

Your opinion? Based on what?

uh...seriously this is now done and cooked..forget it dude i was only throwing out my opinions and honestly wasn't expecting "someone" to pick it apart like they do to everyone else's i have come across..To the point..Judging by the number of posts you have achieved in your pseudo "Internet car guy know it all" career you must have alot of extra time on your hands.

Oh and for the record i was only mearly trying to explain how V8's are a thing of the past vs the V6 is gaining popularity for economic reasons..if you never seen a hint of that in the post then i wonder your questioning.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:50 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Wow, its like a soap, more drama then cars.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:31 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

........ i was only throwing out my opinions ........

http://www.oldsconnection.com/forum/vie ... php?t=2230

Read item #3 first.

........ and honestly wasn't expecting "someone" to pick it apart like they do to everyone else's i have come across .........

Someone? Everyone else's? You make vague inferences like these, and you do not understand why someone would ask questions?

What did you expect would happen when you posted an opinion on a discussion board?

........ To the point..Judging by the number of posts you have achieved in your pseudo "Internet car guy know it all" career you must have alot of extra time on your hands ........

As a matter of fact, I do have enough time to compose my posts coherently, and to make sure the included information is accurate.

In addition, I am fully prepared to discuss anything (and everything) that is in them, in spite of the fact that many of them are, only my opinion.

........ i was only mearly trying to explain how V8's are a thing of the past vs the V6 is gaining popularity for economic reasons ........

Isn't that the very point you have been refusing (or, are unable) to discuss?

........ if you never seen a hint of that in the post then i wonder your questioning.

Seeking clarification of your statements. Nothing more, nothing less.

Again, here is your first statement:

88 Coupe wrote:

If you are unable to explain it, just say so.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:32 pm 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

Quote:
uh...seriously this is now done and cooked..forget it dude i was only throwing out my opinions and honestly wasn't expecting "someone" to pick it apart like they do to everyone else's i have come across..To the point..Judging by the number of posts you have achieved in your pseudo "Internet car guy know it all" career you must have alot of extra time on your hands.

Oh and for the record i was only mearly trying to explain how V8's are a thing of the past vs the V6 is gaining popularity for economic reasons..if you never seen a hint of that in the post then i wonder your questioning.

Isnt this like telling us you forgot to turn on the NOSSS? :laughing: :laughing:

V8's a thing of the past? Prove it! Lets look at a few examples of Modern American cars powered by v8s and how they handle and stack up.

Corvette. Pushrod v8, will handle almost any corner you throw at it.

Mustang. DOHC v8. lots of bang for the buck.

Charger. Hemi anyone?

GTO. Pushrod V8, wasnt popular, but one helluva car.

Dont forget that the Challenger will be produced, as well as the new Camaro.

Then we could look at the last of the F-bodys... all of those had optional V8s, and were very popular. Also theres the ford crown vic, mercury marauder... on and on.

Looks to me like American Muscle is still alive and well...

Then look at all the fullsize trucks out there... 80 percent of them are v8 powered.

And thats just American. Speaking of Lotus, how bout that Esprit V8? hmm... seems to me that was the crowning jewel of the lotus fleet... sure the exige is v6 powered, but the thing weighs as much as a bag of Lays.

Now, whats your arguement here? That a v6 is better? It will go faster? Your point certainly wasnt what you summed it up to be in the above quote. Why dont you try again to sum yourself up.

The v6 gained popularity long ago for economic reasons, as well as an upgrade from the inline 6, but anyone that wants to go real fast doesnt count 6 cylinders, they count 8 or more. Of course there are always exceptions to the rule, but there is no replacement for displacement.

I dont think you should call Norm an 'Internet know it all" you should call him an "Internet know more than you". From what I gather in your posts on this thread, you read alot and dont have the hands on experience or real world experience. Not saying theres anything wrong with that, but it has its limitations.

Regards,

Andrew

Mark Twain wrote:
A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:17 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

andrewk wrote:
Quote:

Isnt this like telling us you forgot to turn on the NOSSS? :laughing: :laughing:
[URL
V8's a thing of the past? Prove it! Lets look at a few examples of Modern American cars powered by v8s and how they handle and stack up.

Corvette. Pushrod v8, will handle almost any corner you throw at it.

Mustang. DOHC v8. lots of bang for the buck.

Charger. Hemi anyone?

GTO. Pushrod V8, wasnt popular, but one helluva car.

Dont forget that the Challenger will be produced, as well as the new Camaro.

Then we could look at the last of the F-bodys... all of those had optional V8s, and were very popular. Also theres the ford crown vic, mercury marauder... on and on.

Looks to me like American Muscle is still alive and well...

Then look at all the fullsize trucks out there... 80 percent of them are v8 powered.

And thats just American. Speaking of Lotus, how bout that Esprit V8? hmm... seems to me that was the crowning jewel of the lotus fleet... sure the exige is v6 powered, but the thing weighs as much as a bag of Lays.

Now, whats your arguement here? That a v6 is better? It will go faster? Your point certainly wasnt what you summed it up to be in the above quote. Why dont you try again to sum yourself up.

The v6 gained popularity long ago for economic reasons, as well as an upgrade from the inline 6, but anyone that wants to go real fast doesnt count 6 cylinders, they count 8 or more. Of course there are always exceptions to the rule, but there is no replacement for displacement.

I dont think you should call Norm an 'Internet know it all" you should call him an "Internet know more than you". From what I gather in your posts on this thread, you read alot and dont have the hands on experience or real world experience. Not saying theres anything wrong with that, but it has its limitations.

Regards,

Andrew

Wow!!.....youtube........
youtube..........

Here's most or all the answers for your questions.....However i cant seem to prove anyone is "on glue"...that might need some work! :D :D :D :D

P.S. Google is your friend!

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:38 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

andrewk wrote:
........ you read a lot and don't have the hands on experience or real world experience. Not saying theres anything wrong with that, but it has its limitations ........

Biggest limitation is: Without some actual experience, it is difficult, if not impossible, to separate the fact from the myth one finds in conversation, books, magazines, and on the internet.

........ Oh and for the record i was only mearly trying to explain how V8's are a thing of the past vs the V6 is gaining popularity for economic reasons ........

To me, it read more like: He was seeking a way to "build up" his image/ego. He found someone who appeared to know less that he, then went back and dug up an old thread, so he could safely "bash" that person without having to explain himself.

Then again, maybe I read something that wasn't there.

Norm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:47 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

........???..Your on glue! ........

........ i cant seem to prove anyone is "on glue" ........

Which is it?

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:53 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

........ Here's most or all the answers for your questions ........

How do those links address anything in this thread?

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:19 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Aaron wrote:
...I' asking for help looking for some places that will supply parts for a '89 Ciera like sway bars H.P. shocks. All help would be appreciated. Especially frustrating is not being able to find ground effect bumpers for the front. This would be for directing air flow a little differently and making some space to do a clean install of some driving and fog lamps so. Hey, Thanks everyone!!

Is this not a post about an honest dude looking to improve his "investment"?..

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:35 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

88 Coupe wrote:
........ Here's most or all the answers for your questions ........

How do those links address anything in this thread?

Because of this!!
andrewk wrote:

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:44 pm 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

Quote:
Wow!!.....youtube........
youtube..........

Here's most or all the answers for your questions.....However i cant seem to prove anyone is "on glue"...that might need some work! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

P.S. Google is your friend!

Yes, I can use google to see what I already stated. Maybe I should clarify. The Lotus Exige is one helluva car, and it is powered by a V6. It is now the crowning jewel to Lotus, as opposed to the Esprit V8 of before.

The Exige is really nothing more than a production race car. Stripped bare, weighing in at under 2000 pounds, its hardly a daily driver. I bet it would actually be unbareable as a DD.

How that answers any of my questions is beyond me, maybe you can enlighten me?

If you wanted fast, quit screwing around with a lotus exige and get yourself a McLaren F1.

"Fast" is all about power to weight. Anything a V6 can do, I will guarentee a V8 could do better. The added displacement more than makes up for the weight.

For the record, I was continuing the hijack you started with your vauge v8 statement.

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:38 pm Post subject: Re: Go Fast parts
andrewk wrote:
........ you read a lot and don't have the hands on experience or real world experience. Not saying theres anything wrong with that, but it has its limitations ........

Biggest limitation is: Without some actual experience, it is difficult, if not impossible, to separate the fact from the myth one finds in conversation, books, magazines, and on the internet.

........ Oh and for the record i was only mearly trying to explain how V8's are a thing of the past vs the V6 is gaining popularity for economic reasons ........

To me, it read more like: He was seeking a way to "build up" his image/ego. He found someone who appeared to know less that he, then went back and dug up an old thread, so he could safely "bash" that person without having to explain himself.

Then again, maybe I read something that wasn't there.

Well said.

Mark Twain wrote:
A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
 Profile Personal album  

Page 2 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next