It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:50 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

DarkFox wrote:
........ a car thats a decade younger is hard to find certain parts for, thus re-enforcing ........

Age is less of a factor than most people think.

In this case, some years and/or eras were/are more popular than others. '79 fell into that dark (pre computer) period, when power/fuel mileage had to be sacrificed in order to meet emissions standards. Not so with '70 and earlier American cars, which leads me to my point: Unlike '73 and later Olds, there is enough interest in reproduction parts to support many of the needs of the '72 and earlier applications.

Apples and tomatoes. Your '79 is not a '69.

Quote:
........ my intention was to take it to the fabric shop. However, it was in such crap shape that ........

This one, I do not understand. Any competent interior shop can/will do what it takes to make it look like new, even it it means installing a new one.

Quote:
........ why did this thread turn into such a bonfire?

As I explained in my previous post: As usual, it started with a thread hijack by our resident BS artist. Here it is again:

91buickman wrote:
........ What are your plans for the engine? i highly recomend the LS-X retrofits ........

Didn't this one speak for itself?

Norm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:39 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Wow, I would like to address the original question "1969 Cutlass Reliability?" These cars are as reliable as anything else on the road if they are properly maintained and treated with respect. I have owned 7 over the years and I wouldn't hesitate to drive one everyday. Parts are still easy to get and if you have the ability, easy to work on yourself. I would just caution that these cars are very collectable and I would be consider a cheap winter car depending upon the weather conditions in your area, but I would drive one everyday if I could!

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2