It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:13 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

Hey,
Just wondering if any of you 3.8L V6 users have upgraded your main wires from your battery for your system install...

I looked through the album and didn't see any....just wondering because I took a look at the engine compartment trying to figure out how much wire I would need but I got confused on which wires I actually need to upgrade...although I probably shouldn't be worrying about this until I either get a nice battery or h.o. alternator....

TOC Admin
Brando

Last edited by Brando on Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:17 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

Oh yea...and does anyone know how to take out the battery tray (if it's actually removable) so I could refinish it....it's a little corroded so I want to polish the paint that's left on it off, spray some rust-preventive primer on it, and recoat it with some paint.....any ideas on how the thing comes out of there, I had to remove the battery to recharge it and didn't see a way to take it out unless there's something beneath the tray....I'll have to take a look at my Haynes Manual...

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:55 pm 
TOC Village Idiot
TOC Village Idiot

brando... There is one red wire, roughly 10 or 8 guage coming from your alternator to the battery. This should be upgraded to at least 6 or 4 guage for the best performance...

But other than that, for my latest install I used ZERO guage welding cable from my front battery to my rear battery... The factory ground on the front battery looked solid, so I never bothered with it.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/88delta88
 Profile Personal album  

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]