It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Help with Springs?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:59 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

91buickman wrote:
........ at least more than one person posted statments that run along with mine ........

Just another of your many lies.

If anyone here had agreed with you, they would have been wrong. But, no one did and, no one was.

Norm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:40 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

I havent seen anyone who exactly agreed with you clown so lets get to the point. If you have a hard refrence to give me that clearly states progressive rate springs dont help handling than i will admit my wrongs, otherwise a progressive rate spring IS another option to the op. And a option was all it orignally was stated as. so please dont post old threads that dont lead anywhere, post your refrence so we can all get a crystal clear insight as to what your position is on progressive rate coils springs..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:04 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

91parkave wrote:
He did ask for coil spring options and what can help the ride without sacrificing ride quality, That is what varible rate coil springs were made for. They Serve as upgrade from standard coil springswhich is why their in a diffrent part of the catalog. There is a thing called technology you should look into it.

Brando wrote:
Moog wrote:
Moog offers two types of coil springs: constant-rate springs that restore handling to its original state, and cargo-coil, variable-rate springs as an upgrade for vehicles that carry heavy loads.[/quote]

TOC Admin
Brando

Ok read in bold,
now i will quote myself from my post earlier in the thread.

91parkave wrote:
Quote:
Ferreti Motors also has an article:

Variable Rate Coil Springs are higher quality replacements for original equipment coil springs. The unique feature of variable rate coil springs is the increasing rate of support provided as the load increases. This improved type of winding gives the springs a variable rate of resistance and allows additional load capacity. VRC springs give a more comfortable stable ride. They assist in reducing sag, side sway, road wander and also help compensate for unequal weight distribution in your car. The difference is really noticeable when your car is heavily loaded or if you are towing. Regular coil springs will handle about 600 pounds. Our variable rate coil spring design, available for most vehicles equipped with coil springs, allows a typical car to take about 1,100 pounds (500 pounds more).

ok so now..

sean000 wrote:
Thanks for all your responses. I understand that stiffer springs will give you a stiffer ride, but how do you actually define the spring as being stiffer. For instance an springs for a 350 g-bode may be a stiffer spring on it's own but once installed under all that weight it won't be as stiff as it would be in my car with a 3.8L. I guess I am being pretty picky here, I want it to be a little stiffer than stock but by no means as stiff as a spring that might be generally used for a much heavier front end.

Thanks again, I was thinking about maybe using some variable rate springs for the rear end.

By the way does anyone know the difference between MOOG and TRW springs? They are both made by federal Mogul are they not?

So..im curious as to why Clown hasnt posted why varible rate springs would have a negative effect on handling. I searched all through google etc... but nothing so clown, and your sidekick andrewk, i go back and say how am i lying or bullshitting the people reading this thread when Theres been nothing to contradict what i posted?????

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:25 am 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

This is what OP asked for.

sean0000 wrote:
THe thing is I want them to still give that comfortable cruising ride, but with a touch more performance than stock

This is your reply-

91parkave wrote:
also some of the springs are made in varible rate now so also check for that to.

Seems to imply that variable rate springs are designed for performance, which after reading this, we know that is not true-

91parkave wrote:
Ferreti Motors also has an article:

Variable Rate Coil Springs are higher quality replacements for original equipment coil springs. The unique feature of variable rate coil springs is the increasing rate of support provided as the load increases. This improved type of winding gives the springs a variable rate of resistance and allows additional load capacity. VRC springs give a more comfortable stable ride. They assist in reducing sag, side sway, road wander and also help compensate for unequal weight distribution in your car. The difference is really noticeable when your car is heavily loaded or if you are towing.

And this-

Moog wrote:
Moog offers two types of coil springs: constant-rate springs that restore handling to its original state, and cargo-coil, variable-rate springs as an upgrade for vehicles that carry heavy loads.

So a spring designed for towing and heavy hauling is a good performance spring? :roll: That's the way I read what you are trying to say, and if so, then your own statements contradict themselves-

91parkave wrote:
but nothing so Norm, and your sidekick andrewk

So I am a sidekick? Do you draw us as cartoons or something? I'm an independent. I agree with the facts, because fact=truth, and truth is why we are here discussing things like coil springs.

Mark Twain wrote:
A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:06 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

91buickman wrote:
I havent seen anyone who exactly agreed with you ........

Another childish attempt to change the subject.

Who agrees with who, has nothing to do with your lies, childish arguments, obfuscation, and diversions.

Norm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:14 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Damn clown i dont see how you talk about your opinion of me when you still have yet to answer the questions asked of you. or maybe your attack on me is the real chilidish diversion. So run along and get the documentation you said you would get together so we can see why progrressive rate springs are not in anyway as you stated, a upgrade of anykind. or wait a minute would that be to hard for you stay on topic???

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:19 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

91buickman wrote:
........ If you have a hard refrence to give me that clearly states ........
    1. You have no knowledge on the subject.
    2. You have no idea what I do, or do not, know about it.
    3. You have not asked for clarification of any statement, nor even attempted to engage in a grown up discussion.
    4. Instead, you ask for "proof" from anyone who disagrees with you.
Outstanding example of a grade school argument.

What "hard reference" do you suggest, as a substitute for an informed, mature, discussion about your own statement.

91buickman wrote:
........ dont post old threads that dont lead anywhere ........

It applies directly your own statement, therefore, to this discussion. Here it is again.

88 Coupe wrote:
91buickman wrote:
There is a thing called technology you should look into it.

Read the following. http://www.oldsconnection.com/forum/vie ... hp?p=18432

As you can see, the thread is hard to follow. That is because it was "trashed" by a previous troll ........

Norm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:49 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

91buickman wrote:
........ So run along and get the documentation you said you would get together ........

Yet, another of your many lies.

Here is the actual quote:

88 Coupe wrote:
91buickman wrote:
........ There is a thing called technology you should look into it.

I'll be looking into it ........

I have not yet found anything, on this subject, that I did not already know. I will, however, keep looking while you explain your own post.

After you have done so, I will be obligated to either agree, or offer a rebuttal.

That is how a mature discussion works.

Norm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:11 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Thought you guys might want to know I just ordered Eibach PRO-kit springs for my Cutlass. They were a good price and I think from what I have heard and read it's the best choice for what I'm looking for.

FYI: The rear springs on the Eibachs are progressive rate. I imagine that is the same as variable rate.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:20 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

sean000 wrote:
........ I imagine that is the same as variable rate.

It is.

I hope you are happy with them.

Norm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:22 pm 
TOC Admin
TOC Admin

Let us know how they are....I've heard eibach lowering springs provide a harsh ride, and I had similar experiences with b+g lowering springs.

They were also progressive rate/variable rate. The main problem was I only was using KYB GR2 struts...which are really just over-hyped stock replacements. Probably would have had better ride quality if I had gone with more expensive adjustable rate struts, but then it's really not worth it....might as well go with air ride.. :lol:

Not trying to scare you away, I am interested in hearing about how the ride quality is affected after installing the eibachs.

TOC Admin
Brando

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:27 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

clown wrote:

1. You have no knowledge on the subject.
2. You have no idea what I do, or do not, know about it.
3. You have not asked for clarification of any statement, nor even attempted to engage in a grown up discussion.
4. Instead, you ask for "proof" from anyone who disagrees with you.
Outstanding example of a grade school argument.

CLown if you want to talk grown then do it, I never came into this thread talking like i know everything or being childish as always YOU made the opening statements and well here we are, I dont care about your opinion of me because you dont have anything youreself to say that is beneficial. All you keep doing is quoting around the point i made which is post your proof, you ask me to do the same exact thing so why cant it be asked of you? mmmmmm sounds like you need to check youreself. all the things you say about me dont and wont help get to the point of the thread. Nobody wants to read all this shit in the future so spare evryone of around the topic post you continue to make. and to think you still cant get my name right, how childish is that??? But yet you call youreself matre and informed.....please post your "knowledge" on this so we can get on with the discussion

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:28 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

yea me too. I have been researching them for months really, and it's funny because it seems like people either love'em or hate'em. I will definetly let you guys know how they are.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:35 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

BTW congrats on the order hope it works out, the bad things ove heard from people with the kit on their car are the "pogo" effect but they also didnt have other maintenece that needed to be adressed as well i highly recomend that you take care of your required bushings etc..... and such before installing the springs. Best of luck to you sean

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:46 am 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

Quote:
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah....please post your "knowledge" on this so we can get on with the discussion

He did, but you weren't paying attention. Again.

Here it is, for a third time.

88 Coupe wrote:
Read the following. http://www.oldsconnection.com/forum/vie ... hp?p=18432

As you can see, the thread is hard to follow. That is because it was "trashed" by a previous troll ........

If you want to hash out your personal beef, use a PM. Your name-calling and rants do nothing to help any thread, so you can either send them privately, or not at all. Just because someone calls you out on the carpet does not give you a green light to flame on.

Mark Twain wrote:
A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
 Profile Personal album  

Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next