It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:08 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Jealous? No, I'm not, I just do not like the look of modern cars done like that. I like vehicles that are stock and kept up well, I've done that will all my vehicles.

PS: I don't drive a grandma car :wink: The Olds does not exist anymore. Course I drive another "me too" vehicle according to your description. I never considered my Oldsmobile a grandma car anyways.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:10 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

i too own and drive an oldsmobile, and yes do have a grandma car, doesnt feel nice does it gettin bashed huh

ya you are jealous of a talent i have and you dont, some welcome back to this forum and i now know why i stopped coming on here is becasue of ball lickers like your self

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:17 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

No, not jealous of your "talent" but I'd rather spend my time elsewhere. I can do bodywork just fine, I just don't focus on body mods. Don't know if you remember my Delta and all the work I did to that :wink:

And I do not currently own an Oldsmobile, so technically I don't drive a grandma car. :wink:

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:39 pm 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

87Delta, if you are equating the Olds brand to a "Grandma Car" than it's quite obvious you are unaware of what a real Oldsmobile was.

Your flame-bating techniques aren't really helping anyone, especially the people here who appreciate custom work, even if it doesn't fit our "style".

If you don't like it, fine.

Mark Twain wrote:
A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:42 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

No, he was claiming I drive a grandma car (Oldsmobile), I just came back with I technically didn't cause I don't drive an Oldsmobile ;)

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:03 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

what ever you do/did/ i dont care if you cant appreciate hard work, true custom work, then you are hopeless, and just becasue you did one car doesnt make you a bodyman or for that matter a custom body man

what a shame it was to come back to this forum

this can be deleted and my name and account or whatever deleted as well i will not tolerate people like this and the ignorance spewing from his close minded self

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:50 am 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

I wouldn't let one guy get you down. Your choice though.

Mark Twain wrote:
A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:59 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

87Delta wrote:
........ Don't know if you remember my Delta and all the work I did to that ........

By trying to take credit for your fathers work, you have reached a new low on the "maturity" scale.

Before you decide that you are an "experienced body man", take another look.

Now, consider the fact that all the metal was "worked", no "plastic" was used, and the "spotlight" is the only "aftermarket" part.

Norm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:27 am 
TOC Member
TOC Member

i thought he was full of shit, i dont think he could metal shape, or work an english wheel, or a metal planisher,
and daddy did your car, and you say you did it, wow that some balls ya got takin the credit for someones elses work

so i was right all along, your jealous of a talent i posses, and you only can dream to do what i can

no iam not letting him get me down, i thought coming back on here showing what i built was goin to be a good thing, but it wasnt dues to this asshole, thats why i stayed away

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:16 am 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

One must always consider the source when taking any sort of criticism. :wink:

You've done some fine work on that car, regardless of style choices.

Question about the "open french" -- Did you just "box in" where the tail light bucket goes, or did you reshape the bucket opening?

Mark Twain wrote:
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:52 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

I like it, and its sure to get a lot of attention, which in turn helps keep the Oldsmobile name alive. This is one car you'll never loose in a parking lot. As far as ricer, I don't think so, its an American car modified with traditional modifications such as the tail lights and pin strip.

1985 Olds Cutlass Ciera Brougham Holiday Coupe

1988 Olds Cutlass Ciera International Series Sedan

OCA #037778
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:34 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

88 Coupe wrote:
By trying to take credit for your fathers work, you have reached a new low on the "maturity" scale.

My father only helped me and guided me. Get your facts strait. :wink: Nor do I "claim" to be a professional body man. I can get around when I need to. I own vehicles right now I don't have to touch, nor will I ever, so there's no use.

No, I don't know how to use and English wheel, etc, nor do I have a use for any of that crap.

And again, I am not jealous, pull your head out of your ass. I just think it's funny doing that crap on a car like that. I would be sure to laugh everytime I saw your car in a parking lot. It looks like crap to me, that is all.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:31 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

to the other guys thanks i appreciate it

you may say that but................put my car next to yours in a show or cruise night guess who is goin to get the attention and looks............huuuummmm i wonder

well the term frenching has been around since what the early 50s, frenched anenna frenched headlights, you will see that you only see a light inside the pocket

well if you look at what i did i took that frenched pocket and sliced it open to make it a open french, so imagine if you will that pocket is covered with metal that would make it a deep french, i just opened the pocket up to expose the tail light

i had to cut the rear body panel, had to cut the tail light pocket, to make the new pocket work, welded to the rear body panel, its not goin anywhere, strong as factory

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:50 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Well the thing is, is I know better then to enter my vehicle in a car show :lol: My truck is not a show vehicle. I appreciate the clean stock vehicles over "modded" ones.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:43 pm 
TOC Moderator
TOC Moderator

87Delta wrote:
I appreciate the clean stock vehicles over "modded" ones.

That being true, don't you find yourself commenting in the wrong thread then?

Mark Twain wrote:
 Profile Personal album  

Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next