It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:00 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Hi,I have a 87 olds cutlass ciera gt,3.8L v6,all factory options including fe3 suspension,alloy wheels etc.I have been slowly rebuilding this car over the past couple of years(previous owner seems to have never heard of the word maintenance).Ive finally completed repairing the cars mechanical/electrical problems,including some performance mods to the ignition,intake & exhaust systems.Im now starting work on the body,as the car spent most of its life in Arizona its completely rust free.However the paint is faded & chipped on the hood,roof & trunk,from what I understand certain GM models of this time period suffered from this problem especially if the car spent most of its time parked outside(previous owner never heard of the word wax either)
Im looking for the body parts
-rh parking light lens
-center caps for the alloy wheels,I managed to find the gt hood & fe3 emblems on ebay but no luck so far on the parking light lens & particulary the alloy wheel center caps.Anybody have any ideas who might have these parts? :) Cody
P.S. The olds has turned out to be a real sleeper,will blow the doors off most of the local rice rockets :D
P.P.S Does anybody know the production figures for the GT model?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:39 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Production numbers arent easy to find as GT wasnt a trim level (as in Brougham) but a option package (like Holiday coupe). It cost $3060 an was a package for the base "S" coupes and sedans. The package was the 3.8L V6, 4 speed automatic, blacked out grill, GT badges, reclining bucket seats, console, alloy wheels, duel outlet exaust, fog lamps, high copacity cooling system, FE3 suspention, exterior trim, front air dam, leather wraped sterring wheel, and halogen headlamps. Most were well optioned cars with power accesories and a/c.

1985 Olds Cutlass Ciera Brougham Holiday Coupe

1988 Olds Cutlass Ciera International Series Sedan

OCA #037778
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:44 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Does that 3.8 move it real fast? Seems like it would. I had the 3.8 in my Silouette van and it moved that thing quite well. My 3.1 makes 160 hp in my 95 Ciera. What HP is the 3.8 making for you?

"'Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run" - Springsteen
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:46 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

well lets keep this a secret....3.8L in a car with the total weight under 2900lbs, u do the math, lol. My 85 3.8L only produces 125HP stock and 195ft-lbs but it'll take alotta cars in acceleration no problem. The 86-88 3.8L was changed from the 84-85 3.8L. 86-88 produces 150HP and i believe 215ft-lbs or 225ft-lbs.

Accel Brute Thunder HEI Super Coil
Accel Ignition Module
MSD Rotor
Hypertech 180F Thermostat
Mister Transmission Fluid Cooler
Cool Collar Oil Filter Cooler
 Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:28 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Hi all ,thanks for your interest in my olds gt project,the mods Ive done to improve performance are as follows
Hypertech power chips & thermostat
Modified K&N air intake system & filter
Modified Magnaflow exhaust system with custom built headers
Accel 8.8mm ignition wires
Accel super coil
Iridium power spark plugs
I havent had the car on the dyno yet,but will post the results when I have the figures.Im aiming for 225 hp.
I cant get too carried away with the performance mods
as the car belongs to my wife & its her daily driver.
Other than the car will be repainted(Burgandy/Silver)original factory colors,the FE3 suspension system needs new shocks,any suggestions would be appreciated :) Cody
P.S. yes the car is quick, especially off the line, loves to eat Hondas,Toyotas etc. :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:24 pm 
TOC Member
TOC Member

Quote:
rebuilt engines

Hi all ,thanks for your interest in my olds gt project,the mods Ive done to improve performance are as follows
Hypertech power chips & thermostat
Modified K&N air intake system & filter
Modified Magnaflow exhaust system with custom built headers
Accel 8.8mm ignition wires
Accel super coil
Iridium power spark plugs
I havent had the car on the dyno yet,but will post the results when I have the figures.Im aiming for 225 hp.
I cant get too carried away with the performance mods
as the car belongs to my wife & its her daily driver.
Other than the car will be repainted(Burgandy/Silver)original factory colors,the FE3 suspension system needs new shocks,any suggestions would be appreciated :) Cody
P.S. yes the car is quick, especially off the line, loves to eat Hondas,Toyotas etc.
That's a lot of things to do, I'm planning on doing too so got some ideas from your post. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]